The SPbU Graduate School of Management confirmed its status of the leader in Russian business education. Since 2015 GSOM SPbU is number 1 in the ranking of Russian business schools based on MBA graduates poll conducted by MBA.su and Job.ru. The ranking was published on secretmag.ru (Firm Secret Magazine).
MBA graduates gave their assessment in the fields of:
- Income increase,
- Career progress,
- Business connections,
- Professional development.
In 2015 more than 1440 graduates took part in the online poll. They answered questions characterizing the academic process in a school and its results. The long list of the VI Public Poll included 50 business schools of Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kazan, Samara, Nizhny Novgorod, Ekaterinburg, Astrakhan, Ufa, Chelyabinsk, Novosibirsk and Irkutsk. St. Petersburg campus of Vlerick business school was also included in the long list in order to compare the quality of manager education with Russian business schools. The short list was formed by the minimal number of school representatives – no less than 25 questionnaires from a business school, thus the Public Ranking having 22 business schools.
The poll also monitored career and income changes after MBA studies:
- the larger part of graduates move to a higher position,
- considerable growth in number of business owners due to top and middle managers leaving their jobs and starting their own business,
- a part of small and middle business owners leaving their businesses for a higher income employee position in a large company.
- even in the case of null career movement, MBA graduates claim income growth by 43–56 %.