The dissertation defense of Ignatii I. Telekhov on the topic “Embedded real options in the evaluation and analysis of innovation projects” nominated for Candidate of Economic Sciences degree on the specialty 08.00.05 – Economics and Management of National Economy (Innovation Management) will be held at GSOM SPbU on the session of Dissertation Council D 212.232.69 on June, 6th, 2017.
Dissertation research was conducted under scientific supervision of Eugenii F. Tceberko, Doctor of Economic Sciences, Professor of Enterprise Economics and Entrepreneurship Department, St. Petersburg State University. The opponents on the dissertation are Elena M. Rogova, Doctor of Economic Sciences, Head of Finance Department St.Petersburg School of Economics and Management, Higher School of Economics (Campus in St. Petersburg) and Anna G. Bezdudnaya, Doctor of Economic Sciences, Head of Industrial Management and Innovation Department, St.Petersburg State University of Economics. Leading organization on the dissertation is Baltic State Technical University "VOENMECH" named after D.F. Ustinov.
The main goal of the research is to develop a research methodology for analysis, assessment and subsequent risk management of innovative investment projects based on application of embedded real options. The realization of the goal requires fulfillment of the following objectives:
- to define the role and use of real options at different stages of innovation process and phases of innovation projects;
- to identify specific features and types of real options in innovation and investment projects;
- to distinguish between various ways of real options methodology application in different types of innovation projects;
- to analyze the changes in R&D project management processes while embedding real options;
- to develop a system of recommendations for performance evaluation and risk management of R&D investment projects with embedded real options;
- to design an algorithm for analysis of innovation project with embedded real options.
The text of the dissertation and the abstract of the thesis (avtoreferat) is available in the Library of Saint-Petersburg State University: 199034, Saint-Petersburg, Universitetskaya emb., 7/9, and on the website of SPbU by the link.