The dissertation defense of Svetlana V. Razmanova on the topic “Dynamics and mechanisms of integration processes of oil and gas companies in the conditions of transformation of the industry” nominated for Doctor of Economic Sciences degree on the specialty 08.00.05 – Economics and Management of National Economy (Economics, organization and management of enterprises, industries, complexes - industry) will be held at GSOM SPbU on the session of Dissertation Council D 212.232.69 on May, 29th, 2018.
Dissertation research was conducted under scientific supervision of Elena G. Chernova, Doctor of Economic Sciences, Professor of Economics of Enterprises and Entrepreneurship Department, Vice-Rector on Economics, St. Petersburg State University. The opponents on the dissertation are Anatoly N. Tokarev, Doctor of Economic Sciences, acting Associate Professor of Application of Mathematical Methods in Economics and Planning Department, National Research University Novosibirsk State University, Tatiana V. Ponomarenko, Doctor of Economic Sciences, Professor of Organization and Management Department, St. Petersburg Mining University, and Anton A. Afanasyev, Doctor of Economic Sciences, Leading Researcher of Social Modelling Laboratory, CEMI RAS. Leading organization on the dissertation is St. Petersburg State University of Economics.
The purpose of the dissertation is to explore a modern mechanism of integration of oil and gas companies in the context of transition to organizational and legal forms of cooperation, which combine elements of competition and cooperation. Within this mechanism the advantage is assigned to companies aimed at innovative development. This will allow to identify the impact of integration processes on the efficiency of the industry and the national economy in general, and also to substantiate the instruments of state regulation that contribute to structural changes in the industry.
To achieve this goal and develop the concept presented in the dissertation, the following tasks were set and solved:
- to summarize and systematize the types of economic entities in the oil and gas industry of the Russian Federation, clarify the classification characteristics of integrated economic entities, formulate the author's position towards the definition of a new type of integrated economic associations - a sectoral integrator, taking into account modern theoretical approaches;
- to reveal the specifics of structural changes which take place in leading transnational and national oil and gas companies in the context of their transition to organizational and legal forms of cooperation which combine elements of competition and cooperation;
- to develop a methodology for the empirical analysis of the effectiveness of integration transactions in the retrospective period, which will allow the most objective assessment of the effectiveness of mergers and acquisitions from the perspective of selecting the right goals, directions of action and achieving them in terms of creating intangible and high-tech assets;
- to identify basic methods of retrospective evaluation of integration processes and general trends which characterize dynamics of effectiveness of transnational and national transactions in the industry;
- to analyze the decisions of the Federal Antimonopoly Service of the Russian Federation in the field of economic concentration in the fuel and energy sector, assess the corrective tools used by FAS, as well as the impact of state competition policy on the formation and use of intangible assets of enterprises;
- to substantiate the dynamics and mechanism of integration of oil and gas assets by the example of the North-West region of the Russian Federation in the period 1999-2016, to develop recommendations in the field of subsoil use that promote the development of sectoral innovations;
- to analyze the effectiveness of transnational mergers and acquisitions in the oil and gas industry of the North-West region of the Russian Federation on the basis of the proposed set of retrospective analysis methods;
- to assess the impact of national and transnational mergers and acquisitions announcement in the short-term on the indicator of cumulative abnormal profitability of the acquiring company in the case of assets transfer under the control of domestic or foreign companies (the example of transactions carried out in the North-West region of the Russian Federation from 1999 to 2016);
- to develop conceptualization of the integration of different levels of intellectual and material components of enterprises and its impact on the value creation of the combined company, with the rationale for the author's approach to assessing the efficiency of combined companies with various structures of intellectual and material capital;
- to substantiate approaches to the dynamic modeling of integration processes in the oil and gas industry with the aim of developing simulation models as tools for antimonopoly control and strategic analysis.
The text of the dissertation and the abstract of the thesis (avtoreferat) is available in the Library of Saint-Petersburg State University: 199034, Saint-Petersburg, Universitetskaya emb., 7/9, and on the website of SPbU by the link >>