The business plan competition has been organized as a joint project of Graduate School of Management, SPbU and Professor Godwin Wong (Ph.D. from Harvard University; had been on the faculty of Haas School of Business, University of California for 25 years).
The objective of the competition is to stimulate and nourish the student entrepreneurial spirit, and to encourage entrepreneurial ventures/activities among students from any major, and check students’ business-ideas for realization capacity.
It is promising fact that the competition develops from year to year and attracts more and more talented participants.
XV Annual Student Business Plan Competition attracted the biggest number of participants through all years of the competition history. In 2013 219 business plans were accepted to participate in the competition, and the number of participants was 549 persons. The geography of the competition covers 7 countries, 90 cities and 152 different universities.
- The Total Prize Pool was US$9500
- The first three prizes were provided by “EMBA 2012B” - the alumni of GSOM SPbU, Executive MBA Program, and The Center for Entrepreneurship (Moscow).
- The Fund of regional social programs “Our Future” established a prize for the winner in the special nomination “Best business plan in the sphere of social entrepreneurship”
- The special nomination “Best work on the preservation of the Earth’s ecology and reduction of energy consumption” was provided by CJSC “NPF Teplocom”
- “Startup that can change the world” — marketing and advertising project support (the courtesy of communication agency “PRAVDA”)
The Final Competition and the Award Ceremony was hold on November 29, 2013 in GSOM SPbU.
The History of Annual Student Business Plan Competition
The Rules of XV Annual Student Business Plan Competition[ЦТВ1]
The Photos of the Final Competition and the Award Ceremony of XV Annual Student Business Plan Competition
The project coordinator: Tsukanova Tatyana, email@example.com