Associate Professor, Department of Operations Management
- Candidate of Science in Economics, Leningrad State University, 1982
- Specialist Degree in Mathematics in Economics, Leningrad State University, 1977
- Performance Management
- Production Technology Modeling
- Productivity Analysis and Production Efficiency Measurement
- Efficiency Measurement in Public Sector
SELECTED PAPERS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Development of E-Government in Russia: Some Facts, Problems and Challenges. One-Stop-Europe: Citizen-Centered E-Government /Ed. By Dieter Klumpp. – Stuttgart: Alcatel-Lucent Stiftung, 2007. – pp.11-17
- Implementation of Electronic Government Concept in Russia: Current Stage and Prospects for the Future // Global E-Governance Series. Vol. 1. Amsterdam, Berlin, Oxford, Tokyo, Washington, DC: IOS Press, 2007. P. 67–74.
- Collection of cases: “Companies’ Development in Changing Environment” (co-editor) - St.Petersburg University Press: St.Petersburg, 2004 – 264 p.
- Case: “Bankruptcy in Russia” /In collection of cases: “Companies’ Development in Changing Environment” - St.Petersburg University Press: St.Petersburg, 2004 – pp. 223 - 263.
- Education of Civil Servants: Models and Approaches. (co-author), Vestnik St.Peterburgckogo Universiteta (The Herald of St.Petersburg University), seria Management, #4, 2002.
- Simple Exchange Model: Index of Minimal Variation. (co-author), Vestnik St.Peterburgckogo Universiteta (The Herald of St.Petersburg University), seria Economics #2, 2001.
- Production Functions: Formal Definitions and objects Modelled. - St.Petersburg State University, School of Management, Center for Management and Institutional Studies, Working Paper Series, No 2000-09.
- Distant Learning Program in “Strategic Municipal Management” - //In: Technloies of Information Society: Internet and Contemporary Society: Conference Proceedings. St.Petersburg, November 20-24, 2000.
- Education and Training in Public Administration: International and Russian Experience. - SPIDER-PA Working Paper Series, No 1998-07. (co-author)
- The Making of Index Numbers under Uncertainty // Pykh Yu.A., D.E.Hyatt, R.M.Lenz (eds.). Environmental Indices. Systems Analysis Approach. Oxford: EOLSS Publishers Corporation, 1999 (with N.V.Khovanov, V.V.Zakharov).
- Constructing Empirical Production Function: Methods and Models. - St.Petersburg University Press: St.Petersburg, 1997 - 220 p.
- Construction of Aggregate Indices Designed for Assessment of Commercial Banks’ Activities: the Case of Information Shortage. (co-author), Vestnik St.Peterburgckogo Universiteta (The Herald of St.Petersburg University), seria Economics #1, 1995.
- Economic Cooperation between Russia and EC Countries: Obstacles and Prospects // Lutzeler P.M. (ed.). Europe After Maastricht: An American and European Perspectives. Berghanm Books, Providence Oxford, 1994. P.213–233 (with S.F.Sutyrin).
- "An Estimates of the Firm's Production Efficiency Based on the Concept of Production Function", Vestnik St.Peterburgckogo Universiteta (The Herald of St.Petersburg University), seria Economics #3, 1992.
- "Extracting of Technologically Homogeneous Subperiods in the Models of Economic Growth Based on N.D.Kondratiev's Ideas", Vestnik St.Peterburgckogo Universiteta (The Herald of St.Petersburg University), seria Economics #2, 1992.
- An Application of the Cobb-Douglas and CES Production Functions for Investigating the Soviet Production: A Survey and Comparison of Empirical Results of Soviet and Western Studies. - University of Stockholm, Research Papers in Economics, 1990:2 WE.
RESEARCH FELLOWSHIPS, ACADEMIC and executive TRAININGS
- University of Stockholm, Department of Economics, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1993
- University of Stockholm, School of Business, 2004
- Gothenburg University, School of Economics and Commercial Law, 1994,1995, 1997, 2005
- Tubingen University, School of Economics, 1993
- UC Berkeley, Haas School of Business, 1993, 2000, 2001, 2003
- Texas Agriculture and Machinery University, Lowry Mays College & Graduate School of Business, 2001
- Executive Certificate in Technology, Operations and Value Chain Management, MIT Sloan School of Management (Cambridge, USA), 2009
Academic and Executive Trainings
- Train the Trainers Programs: Haas Business School, UC Berkeley, USA, 2006-2008; Swedish Institute of Management (IFL), Co., Sweden 1999; Summer School in Financial Management, University of Tubingen, Germany, 1992/
- Executive Programs: MIT Executive Programs , 2007-2009 (Executive Certificate in Technology, Operations and Value Chain Management, MIT Sloan School of Management (Cambridge, USA), 2009); Research and Innovation Management – Best Practices in Finland, Technical Research Centre of Finland (VTT), 2007
HONORS AND AWARDS
- 1996-2008, 5 Research grants of Russian Foundation for Basic Research,
- 2004, Distinguished Educationalist of Russian Higher Education, Ministry of Education of Russian Federation
- 2001-2004, CITIGROUP Fellow, CITIGROUP Faculty Fellowship Program at SOM, St. Petersburg State University
- 2000, Research Grant Award from Haas Business School , University of California at Berkeley (USA)
- 1999, Honorary Diploma of the Ministry of Higher Education of the Russian Federation
ADMINISTRATIVE POSITIONS HELD
- 2007-2009, Graduate School of Management, St.Petersburg State University, Associate Dean for Bachelor Program
- 1995-2003, St.Petersburg State University, Vice-Rector for International Relations;
- 1995-2003, member of Advisory Board and Board of Directors at IMISP (St.Petersburg International Institute of Management);
- 1999-2003, member of ANO Phoenix Advisory Board;
- 2000-2001, St.Petersbrug State University, academic supervisor for the Project “Distance Learning Program in Municipal Strategic Management (funded by Eurasia Foundation, Moscow office);
- 2000-2001, Russian project leader in the American-Russian Project “Center for Russian Business Cases” (in co-operation with the Texas Agriculture and Machinery University);
- 1997-2000, Russian project leader and NORLET Board member, NORLET (Nordic Leadership Executive Training);
- 1997-2000, for Russian-Swedish project SPIDER-PE (Stockholm-Petersburg Institutional Development in Education and Research - Public Economics);
- 1997-1999, Russian project leader for Russian-Swedish project SPIDER-PA (Stockholm-Petersburg Institutional Development in Education and Research - Public Administration);
- 1993-1995, Russian project leader for TEMPUS/TACIS PreJEP Public Policy-Making (with Lancaster University, TubingenUniversity and Stockholm University);
- 1994-1998, Director, Retraining program in Public Administration at the School of Management;
- 1993-1997, Russian project leader for Russian-Swedish project Center for Public Administration Studies (Stockholm University);
- 1992-1994, member of Executive Board and Coordinator at St.Petersburg State University, “International Center” at the University of Tubingen (Association of 19 Universities from Europe and USA)
MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- 2009 – , Global E-Governance Book Series Advisory Board Member, NECTEC (Bangkok)
- 1999 – , International Society on the New Institutional Economics
- 1998-2002 – Member of Editorial Board of the journal “Human Resource Development International”,
- 1997-2001 – Member of Editorial Board of the journal “Economic School”, St.Petersburg,