Assistant Professor, Marketing Department
EDUCATION AND ACADEMIC DEGREES
- PhD., Aalto University School of Business (formerly known as Helsinki School of Economics, major in marketing), 2013.
- M.Sc., Helsinki School of Economics (major in Marketing), 2008.
- B.Sc., Helsinki School of Economics (major in Marketing), 2007.
- Exchange Program, Malaysia International Business Program, 2005.
- Strategic Marketing
- Marketing performance and marketing performance measurement, marketing metrics
- Market orientation, market-based capabilities
- Business models, value drivers
- Top management personality
SELECTED PAPERS AND PUBLICATIONS
Books, Monographs and Textbooks
- Marketing Metrics, Marketing Performance Measurement, and Marketing Control. Monograph / Doctoral Dissertation. 2013.
- StratMark II: Strategisen markkinoinnin teho ja tulokset. Talentum. 2011 (with H. Tikkanen).
Papers in Academic Journals
- Customer orientation as a multidimensional construct: Evidence from the Russian markets // Journal of Business Research. Forthcoming (with Smirnova, M., and Rebiazina, V.).
- Development and Impact of Strategic Marketing - A Longitudinal Study in a Nordic Country from 2008 to 2014 // European Journal of Marketing. 2016. Vol. 50 (12), pp. 2269-2294 (with H. Tikkanen).
- Is More Capability Always Beneficial for Firm Performance? Market Orientation, Core Business Process Capabilities, and Business Environment // Journal of Marketing Management. 2016. Vol. 32 (13-14), pp. 1359-1385 (with M. Jaakkola, H. Tikkanen, J. Aspara, A. Vassinen, and P. Parvinen).
- What Counts Vs. What Can Be Counted: The Complex Interplay of Market Orientation and Marketing Performance Measurement // Journal of Marketing. 2016. Vol. 80 (3), pp. 60-78 (with J. Luoma, M. Jaakkola, H. Tikkanen, and J. Aspara).
- Effective Forms of Market Orientation across the Business Cycle: A Longitudinal Analysis of Business-to-Business Firms // Industrial Marketing Management. 2016. Vol. 52 (1), pp. 91-99 (with M. Jaakkola, I. Churakova, and H. Tikkanen).
- Various Forms of Value-Based Selling Capability - Commentary on “Value-Based Selling: An Organizational Capability Perspective” // Industrial Marketing Management. 2015. Vol. 45 (Special Issue), pp. 113-114 (with M. Jaakkola and H. Tikkanen).
- Market Orientation, Innovation Capability and Business Performance: Insights from the Global Financial Crisis // Baltic Journal of Management. 2014. Vol. 9 (2), pp. 134-152 (with J.-P. Huhtala, A. Sihvonen, M. Jaakkola, and H. Tikkanen).
- Marketing Performance Assessment Systems and the Business Context // European Journal of Marketing. 2013. Vol. 47 (5/6), pp. 715–737 (with H. Tikkanen, M. Jaakkola, and A. Vassinen).
- Reviving Heritage Brands – The Case of Petrodvorets Watch Factory // Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies. 2016. Vol. 6 (1), pp. 1-18 (with M. Laukkanen).
INTERNATIONAL ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE
- Visiting Scholar, National University of Singapore Business School, Singapore, 2016-2017.
- Researcher, project coordinator, Aalto University School of Business, Finland, 2007–2013.
- Visiting Scholar, University of California Riverside, School of Business Administration, USA, 2012.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Highly Commended Paper Award/Emerald literati network, Baltic Journal of Management, 2015
- 2011 Emerald/BMDA Management Research Fund Award, 2011
OTHER PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- CEMS Academic Director, 2014-2016.
- Member of the AMA (American Marketing Association).
- Member of the AMS (Academy of Marketing Science).
- Member of the EMAC (European Marketing Academy).
- Instructor, the Institute of Marketing, Finland.