Associate Professor, Department of Public Administration
Academic Director, Executive Education Programmes;
Deputy Director, Center for Public Private Partnership Studies
EDUCATION AND ACADEMIC DEGREES
- Candidate of Science (Mathematics), Leningrad State University, 1987
- Specialist Degree (Applied Mathematics), Leningrad State University, 1979
- Public Procurement
- Anticorruption Policy
- Healthcare Management
INTERNATIONAL ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE
- Higher Education Management in China, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, 2010
- Professional Development Programme, European Institute of Public Administration (EIPA), Warsaw, 2008
- Innovation and Technology Management Programme, Haas School of Business, UC Berkeley, 2007
- European Public Procurement Rules, Policy, and Practice, European Institute of Public Administration (EIPA), Maastricht, 2007
Membership in Professional Associations
- Association for Public Policy Analysis and Management (APPAM), 2013 –.
- Association for Studies in Public Economics (ASPE), 2005 –.
- Global Educators Network for Health Care Innovation Education, 2012 – .
- International Research Society for Public Management (IRSPM), 2012 –.
- National Institute for Government Purchasing (NIGP, USA), 2012 –.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Expert of Federal Committee for “Development of Management Personnel for National Economy of Russian Federation”
- Member of Expert Committee of St. Petersburg Inter-regional Resource Center for programmes for development of management personnel for national economy of Russian Federation”, 2007 –.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Testimonial Letter of Vice-Governor of St. Petersburg “For Personal Contribution In Realization Of State Plan Of Developing Management Personnel For National Economy Of Russia”, 2011
- Diploma of the Governor of St. Petersburg, 2010
- Diploma of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, 2009
- Distinctive Honorary Title of Russian Federation Government “For Active Participation In Program Of Development Of Management Personnel For National Economy Of Russia”, 2008
- TEMPUS TACIS Grants, 1999-2001
- MOT (ILO) Grants, 1996, 2000
SELECTED RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS
Articles in Academic Journals
- Modeling of Quasi-Corrupt Behavior in Public Procurement // Vestnik (Herald) of St. Petersburg University. Management Series, 2014, Issue 3.
- Why the Russian Federation Public Procurement Market does not turn into the Market for lemons. – NACC Journal, Special issue, v. 5, No 2: July 2012. p.37-51.
- Modern Stage of Development of the Public Procurement System in the Russian Federation: The “Efficiency” of the Auction and the Corruption of the Open Bidding // State Order: Management, Arrangement, Provision / Academic Supplement. 2011. No. 6. P. 31-45.
- On the Use of Auctions in State and Municipal Procurement // Public Administration Issues. 2010. No. 2. P. 56-65.
- Selling and Purchasing Goods by Means of an Auction: Identification of Specificity // State Order: Management, Arrangement, Provision / Academic Supplement. 2009. No. 2. P. 2-10.
- The Enhancement of the Public Procurement Regulation in the Russian Federation // Vestnik (Herald) of St. Petersburg University. Management Series, 2008, Issue 2. P. 108-137.
Articles in Professional Journals
- Story on the Picture: Whether to Put Next Contest and Auction // State Order: Management, Arrangement, Provision, 2013. Issue 31, P. 106-113
- Lame Fate of Article 55 // State Order: Management, Arrangement, Provision. 2011. No. 26. P. 66-71.
- How to Prevent the Dismantling of the Public Procurement System in Russian Federation // State Order: Management, Arrangement, Provision. 2010. No. 20. P. 30-37.
- Knocking... // State Order: Management, Arrangement, Provision. 2009. No. 16. P. 54-61.
Books, Monographs and Textbooks
- Andrei Ivanov Quasi-corruption in Public Procurement: the case of Russian Federation. – In “Corruption, Economic Growth and Globalization”, Routledge Studies in the Modern World Economy, Routledge, 2015.
- Probability Theory: Definitions, Interpretation, Simple Algorithms. St. Petersburg, TEI, 2006 (with I. Medvedeva, S. Ulyanov).
- Elements of Mathematical Modeling in Commerce. St. Petersburg, 2004 (with D. Moskvin, V. Ulanov).
- Mathematical Modeling of Consumers Preferences. St. Petersburg, ICE, 2003.
- Higher Mathematics Elements: Definitions, Interpretations, Simplest Algorithms. St. Petersburg, Turusell, 2002.
Chapters in Books
- Quasi-corruption in Public Procurement: the case of Russian Federation. – In “Corruption, Economic Growth and Globalization”, Routledge Studies in the Modern World Economy, Routledge, 2015.
- Multifield Medical Center: in search of tomorrow (ecch). 2011. No. 311-266-1 (with S. Karpova).