Acting Head, Department of Strategic and International Management
Associate Professor, Strategic and International Management Department
EDUCATION AND ACADEMIC DEGREES
- Candidate of Science in Economics (First Doctoral Degree), St. Petersburg University, 1986
- Doctoral Program, Department of Economics, St. Petersburg University, 1981-1984
- Specialist Degree in Political Economy (with distinction), Department of Economics, St. Petersburg University, 1986
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Schools of Thought in Theory of Organization and Management Theory
- Management Fashion
SELECTED PAPERS AND PUBLICATIONS (TOTAL AMOUNT — 40)
Books, Monographs and Textbooks
- Theory of Organization: Readings / T.Klemina (ed.). Graduate School of Management, 2009.
- SWOT Analysis of a Company. Student Manual on Course Project. 11 ed. 2008. (with Katkalo V. S., Mukba V.N., Tschayka V.A.).
Papers in Academic Journals
- What Management Scholars and Faculty at Business Schools Shouldn’t Forget about? // Vestnik SPbSU. Management Series. 2013. N1.
- Evolution of Incentive Contracts Modeling with Companies CEOs // Vestnik SPbSU. Management Series. 2012. N1. (with Zenkevich N. A., Katkalo V. S., Medvedev A. G.).
- The Founder of St. Petersburg (Leningrad) School of Research in a “Capitalist Firm”: In Memory of Professor Andrey A. Djomin // Russian Management Journal. 2012. V.10, N1. (with Katkalo V. S.).
- Economic Approach to Human Resource Management Problems // Vestnik SPbSU. Management Series. 2010. N4.
- Human Resource Management and Organization Performance: Theoretical Debate and Empirical Research // Russian Management Journal. 2008. V.6, N3.
- Life Cycle Concept in Organization and Management Studies // Vestnik SPbSU. Management Series. 2007. N2. (with G. Shirokova, T.Kozyreva).
- Cares and Concerns of Organization Theory// Russian Management Journal. 2007. Vol.5, N 4.
- Organization Theory in the Epoch of Economic Transition. A Review of Milner B. Z. Organization Theory. Moscow, 2005 // Russian Management Journal. 2005. Vol.3, N4.
- Ecological Perspective in Organization Theory // Vestnik SPbSU. Management Series. 2004. N3.
Papers in Professional Journals
- Reaching the career plateau // Personnel-Mix Journal. 2007. N1.
- You Should Control Your Employer Image // Personnel-Mix Journal. 2001. (with S.Kosheleva).
- Flexible Benefit Schemes in Western Countries // Personnel-Mix Journal. 2001. N1.
- Employer Brand: Theoretical and Practical Issues // Russian Management: Theory, Practice, Education. SPb: SPbSU, 2001. V.1.(with S.Kosheleva).
- Social Security in Russia: System Reforms. In: Reforming Social Services in Central and Eastern Europe – an Eleven Nation Overview. Ed. by.V Pestoff . Cracow, 1995.
- Haas School of Business, California University, Berkeley (USA), 1995, 2007
- Training for Trainers Program, IFL (Sweden), 1998, 1999
- The Duke Program for Manager Development, Fuqua School of Business at Duke University (USA), 1994
- Summer School, Tubingen University (Germany), 1993
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Honorary Educationalist of the Russian Federation Decoration, 2009
- Diploma of Ministry of Education of Russian Federation, 2004
- Citigroup Award "Citigroup Faculty Fellowship Program", 2004-2007
- Personal Research Grants & Grants for SOM Development from USIA, Eurasia Foundation, Open Society Institute (Soros Foundation), 1998, 1999
OTHER PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Member of the Academy of Management, 2010–;
- Member of Strategic Management Society, 2010–;
- Member of St.Petersburg State University Academic Council, 2010–;
- Academic Secretary, GSOM SPbSU Dissertation Committee № D 212.232.58, 2009–2012;
- Member of GSOM Academic Council, 2004–2010;
- Deputy Editor-in-Chief, Personnel-Mix Journal, 2001-2007.
Translation from English into Russian of 7 Volumes of Works by Leading International Scholars in Management and Marketing:
- Aaker D. Building Strong Brands. M., 2003. – In Cooperation;
- Hammer M.& Champy J. Reengineering the Corporation. SPb., 1997. – In Cooperation;
- Corporate Governance in Transitional Economies. Insider Control and the Role of Banks. Ed. by M.Aoki & Hyung-Ki Kim. SPb., 1997. – In Cooperation.
Translation from English into Russian of 5 Articles by Leading International Scholars in Organization Theory and Human Resource Management:
- DiMaggio P. & Powell W. The Iron Cage Revisited: Institutional Isomorphism and Collective Rationality in Organizational Fields // Vestnik SPbSU. Management Series. 2007. N 3. – In Cooperation with M. Stortschevoy;
- Wright P., Dunford D., Snell S. Human Resources and the Resource Based View of the Firm // Russian Management Journal. V. 5, N1, 2007;
- Carroll G. Concentration and Specialization: The Niche Wide Dynamics in Organizational Population // Russian Management Journal. V. 3, N2, 2005;
- Hannan M. & Freeman J. The Population Ecology of Organizations // Vestnik SPbSU. Management Series. 2004. N3;
- Greiner L. Evolution and Revolution as Organizations Grow // Vestnik SPbSU. Management Series. 2002. N4.