Associate Professor, Department of Finance and Accounting
EDUCATION AND ACADEMIC DEGREES
- European University at St. Petersburg, Master of Economics. 2000.
- Ioffe Physical Technical Institute, USSR Academy of Science, Candidate of Science in Physics and Mathematics, 1986.
- Leningrad Institute of Precision Mechanics and Optics, Faculty of Engineering Physics, Diploma (with Honours) in Quantum Electronics. 1973–1979.
- Risk management in non-financial companies
- Portfolio management
- Fixed Income Instruments
- Experimental economics (computer simulation)
SELECTED PAPERS AND PUBLICATIONS
Books, Monographs and Textbooks
- Financial institutions and markets. SPbSU Publishing House., 2015.
- Lectures on selected issues of classical financial models. S.-Petersburg: GSOM Publishing Center, 2010 (with A. Bukhvalov, E. Dorofeev).
- Introduction to the Financial Markets and Institutes. S.-Petersburg: GSOM Publishing Center, 2011 (with T. Pustovalova).
Papers in Academic Journals
- Selective hedging risk companies// Vestnik (Herald) of Saint Petersburg University. Management Series. 2015. Vol. 3. Р. 3–20.
- Newsvendor Problem Experiments: Riskiness of the Decisions and Learning by Experience// International Journal of Business and Social Research. 2014. Vol. 4. P. 137-150 (together with Archavski V., Smirnova A.)
- Analysis of the Microstructure of the Russian Stock Market: Bid-ask Spreads and Risk of Illiquid Shares // Russian Management Journal, 2012. Vol. 10. N 2. pp. 33–50.
- The Effect of Hedging Activities on the Stock Price Performance of Russian Companies // Vestnik Sankt-Peterburgskogo Universiteta. Seria Management, 2012. Vol. 3. pp. 3–24 (with V. Skrpiuk).
- Study of the Russian Stock Market Efficiency: The Market Reaction to the Publication of Analysts’ Forecasts // Vestnik Sankt-Peterburgskogo Universiteta. Seria Management, 2010. Vol. 3, pp. 3–22.
Papers in Professional Journals
- Guiding stars of ratings // Rynok Tsennyh Bumag (Securities Market), 2013. N 5. С. 37–40 (with с А. Seryakova).
- Market Risk of Russian Telecoms // Rynok Tsennyh Bumag (Securities Market), 2007. N 8, pp. 53–54 (with K. Kuhotskiy, S. Truhanovich).
- Investing in Russian Market: Theory and Practice // Rynok Tsennyh Bumag (Securities Market), 2004, N 24, pp. 28–31.
- Benchmarks for Mutual Funds Management // Rynok Tsennyh Bumag (Securities Market), 2004, N 15, pp. 36–39 (with K. Kuhotskiy, A. Lystsov).
- The Indices of the Russian Market of Government Bonds // Rynok Tsennyh Bumag (Securities Market), 2003, N 10, pp. 17–22 (with O. Gredil, A. Kravchuk).
- Evaluation of the Term Structure of Interest Rates in the Market of St.-Petersburg Bonds // Rynok Tsennyh Bumag (Securities Market), 2002, N 4, pp. 74–76 (with D. Korneev).
- Pricing and Risk Valuation of Bonds with Variable Coupons // Rynok Tsennyh Bumag (Securities Market), 2001, N 10, pp. 78–80.
- Quantifying the Liquidity of Shares on the Russian Stock Market // Rynok Tsennyh Bumag (Securities Market), 2000, N 23, pp. 78–80.
Chapters in Books and Collections of Essays
- Analysis of Capital Structure of Telecom Companies // Telecommunications in Russia: a collection of essays. Vol. 4. Moscow: Aspekt Press, 2008, pp. 5–104. (with A. Karlitskay, E. Kuhotskay, K. Kuhotskiy, etc.).
- The Use of Simulation to Assess the Optimal Capital Structure of the Telecommunication Company in the Financial Crisis // Telecommunications in Russia: a collection of essays. Vol. 4. Moscow: Aspekt Press, 2008, pp. 105-176 (with A. Karlitskay, E. Kuhotskay, K. Kuhotskiy, etc.).
- Analysis of the term structure of interest rates on the Russian financial market // Economic Research: Theory and Applications. Vol. 2 (ed. S.Pecherskiy). St. Petersburg: European University, 2002, pp. 72–93
- (with A. Bukhvalov, O. Kryukovskay).
- Does the logic of the Russian financial market? // Finance and Corporate Policy (ed. A. Bukhvalov, S. Kotelkin).
- St.-Petersburg: St.-Petersburg State University, 2000. pp. 7–47. (with A. Bukhvalov).
- Experimental Study of Supply and Demand Interaction by Computer Simulation // Questions of Economic Theory and Practice (ed. S. Pecherskiy, A. Pikovsky). St.-Petersburg: "Borey", 1999. pp. 143–152.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- First prize in the competition of scientific works for Russian market development. Moscow Interbank Currency Exchange, 2002.
- Award Nominee "Gold Tower 2005". State University “Higher School of Economics”.
- Grants of the Moscow Public Science Foundation and the U.S. Agency for Development (USAID), 2000, 2001.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Russian Patent RU 2281556 C1 G06Q 40/00 of 10.08.2006. "System and Method of Control for the Portfolio of Fixed Income" (with A. Kravchuk, E. Karpovich, O. Gredil, D. Korneev, D. Ivanter).
- Associate Professor of the St. Petersburg branch of the State University “Higher School of Economics”, 2002–2008.
- Consultant, Advanced Research LLP, 2006–2010.
- Analyst, Northwest Center for Research in Financial Markets, 2000–2001.
- Expert, CBonds Group, 2012.
- Financial Analyst, IC “AVK”, IC “Kineks-Invest”, 1998–2006.