Associate Professor, Department of Operations Management
EDUCATION AND ACADEMIC DEGREES
- Candidate of Science in Economics (First Doctoral Degree), Leningrad Institute of Engineering and Economics, 1984
- Leningrad State University (Diploma in Economics and Mathematics with distinction) 1966-1971
- Methods and models of Operations/Production Management
- Innovation project management
- Business simulation games
SELECTED PAPERS AND PUBLICATIONS (more than 40 in total)
Books, Monographs and Textbooks
- Information technology resources of Russian economy. Textbook.– St-Petersburg, 2007 – 263 p. (with A.K. Kazantsev, E.G. Serova)
- The Basics of Production Management. Study book – Moscow, 2002. - 348 p. (Series High School). (with A.K. Kazantsev)
- The Basics of Management. Practical School-book. - 2-nd edition. Moscow, 2002. - 544 p. (Series High School). (with A.K. Kazantsev, V.I Maljuk)
- General Management. Practical School-book. 2001. (with A.K. Kazantsev)
- Practical Management in case studies, economic situations, tasks and tests. Study book. – Moscow, 2000. - 376 p. (with A.K. Kazantsev, V.I Podlesnyh)
- Management of Organization: Business simulation games. – St-Petersburg, 2000. (with A.K. Kazantsev)
Chapters in Books and Collections of Essays
- The place of balanced system of indicators in project management // Modern applied management: instruments and methods. St. Petersburg. 2006. P. 330-345.
- Innovation project management // The basics of innovation management. Theory and Practice. Edited by A.K. Kazantsev, L.E. Mindeli. 2nd Edition. Moscow, 2004. P. 439-468.
PapersinAcademic& Professional Journals
- Multi-disciplinary situation game “Factors of Growth” development and practical application // Global Business and Technology Association′s Fifteens Annual International Conference - July, 2013 . (with I.Y. Churakova).
- Micro-enterprises in the Russian economy: current situation and development trends // 2nd Annual GSFT conference proceedings. GSTF, 2012, ISSN 2251-2039. P. 45-47. (with I.Y. Churakova).
- Micro-Enterprise: New Unit of the Russian Business Landscape // Russian Entrepreneurship. – 2012. – №12 (210), P. 38-43 (with I.Y. Churakova).
- Microenterprises as organizational form of innovative business // Management of innovation. -2012. – №4 (20). С. 278-285 (with I.Y. Churakova).
- Expert Assessments in practice of decision making // Management today. 2011. – №5(65). P. 292-299 (with I.Y. Churakova).
- Information-technological resources of Russian regions: evaluation and comparative analysis. // Russian Information resources. Issue 6, 2008. P. 5-10. (with A.K. Kazantsev, E.G. Serova).
- Imitation Modeling of Management of Organization: experience of development of business simulation games // Vestnik St. Peterburgskogo Universiteta (Herald of St.Petersburg University). Seria 8. Management -#4. - 2006. - P. 186-207 (with A.K. Kazantsev).
- Baltyisky Zavod JSC Information Strategy. // The European Case Clearing House (ECCH). - 2012. - 612-051-1 (with A.K. Kazantsev).
- 1996, 1998, 2000. Warsaw Polytechnic University, Warsaw (Poland);
- 1994. Training centers of Tompson company (France) – Sodeteg and Fiat (Italy) –Isvor-Fiat;
- 1991. Higher School of Technology and Economics of Drezden, Drezden (Germany).
HONORS AND AWARDS
- 2009, Honored worker of science of the Russian Federation.
- 2006, Honorary certificate of St. Petersburg State University of Engineering and Economics.
- 2006, Professor of the year of the Department of Operations Management (annual GSOM students award - Drucker Award).
- 2004, Honorary certificate of the Ministry of Education of Russian Federation.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- 1999, 2000, 2001. Invited professor Joensuu Higher School of Economics (Joensuu, Finland);
- 2002-2007, Deputy Head of the Department of Operations Management;
- 2002-2006, Member of Graduate School of Management at SPbU Academic Council;
- 1995-2001, Scientific Secretary of the Academic Council D.063.63.01 for Doctor thesis defense, St. Petersburg State University of Engineering and Economics;
- 1990-2001, Scientific Secretary of the Academic Council K.063.63.03 for PhD thesis defense, St. Petersburg State University of Engineering and Economics;
- 2011 - , Full paid member , «Higher Education Teaching and Learning association» (HETL);
- 2012 - , Academic professional membership «The Association for Operations Management» (APICS);
- Consulting on inventory management and resource planning and scheduling