Head of Department, Marketing Department
Associate Professor, Marketing Department
Academic Director of Doctoral Program
EDUCATION AND ACADEMIC DEGREES
- 2006 Candidate of Science (Economics), Graduate School of Management, Saint Petersburg State University
- 2002-2006 Doctoral Program, Graduate School of Management, Saint Petersburg State University
- 1999-2000 Philipps University of Marburg (Germany) (exchange year)
- 1997-2002 School of Management, Saint Petersburg State University (major in Marketing)
- International Marketing
- Internationalization of Russian companies & international companies entry to Russian market
- Expectations and relationship development in cross-border interaction
- Relationship Marketing and B2B Marketing (Industrial Marketing, Interactions and Networks)
- New Product Development and Collaborative Innovations
- Marketing Structures and Marketing Effectiveness
- Structural Equation Modeling
SELECTED PAPERS AND PUBLICATIONS
Books, Monographs and Textbooks
- B2B Marketing: Relational Approach (in print).Textbook (together with S. Kouchtch).
- Uncovering Driving Forces for Better Product Innovation: Have Russian Firms Learned to Balance the Focus on Internal and External Partners? (глава в монографии), в: Adoption of Innovation: Balancing Internal and External Stakeholders in the Marketing of Innovation, eds. Alexander Brem & Eric Viardot, Springer, 2015, p. 197-221. (соавторы: Podmetina D., Volchek D., Rebiazina V.).
Papers in Academic Journals
- Customer orientation in emerging markets: Concepts and empirical tests (2015) Emerging Markets and the Future of the BRIC Nations, pp. 170-189 (together with A. Rozhkov and V. Rebiazina).
- Uncovering driving forces for better product innovation: Have Russian firms learned to balance the focus on internal and external partners? (2015) Adoption of Innovation: Balancing Internal and External Stakeholders in the Marketing of Innovation, pp. 197-221 (together with D. Podmetina, D. Volchek and V. Rebiazina).
- Transforming Industry Landscapein Response to the Transition of the Economy – The Case of the Russian Bakery Industry (2014) Market, 26 (1) (together with I. Moreva, V. Rebiazina)
- R&D Cooperation with External Partners and Implementing Open Innovation // Journal of Innovation Management, 2013. — Vol. 1, — № 2. — P. 103-124 (together with D. Podmetina)
- Collaborative Approach within the Open Innovation Framework: Russian Companies (Chapter 8) // Perspectives on Supplier Innovation: Theories, Concepts and Empirical Insights on Open Innovation and the Integration of Suppliers. Series on Technology Management. Vol 18. — London: Imperial College Press, 2012. — 287-310 P. (together with Daria Podmetina, Juha Vaatanen, Marko Torkkeli)
- Collaborative approaches to new product development: the case of Russia // International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management, 2012. — Vol. 15, — № 1/2. — P. 91-107 (together with Daria Podmetina, Juha Vaatanen, Marko Torkkeli)
- The impact of market orientation on the development of relational capabilities and performance outcomes: The case of Russian industrial firms (2011) Industrial Marketing Management, 40 (1), 54-64 (together with S. Henneberg, P. Naude, S. Mouzas, S. Kouchtch)
- Understanding the role of marketing - purchasing collaboration in industrial markets: the case of Russia (2011) Industrial Marketing Management, 40 (1), 44-53 (together with S. Henneberg, P. Naude, S. Mouzas, B. Ashnai)
- Development and Validation of a Cross-nationally Stable Scale of Consumer Animosity (accepted for publication, scheduled for 2011) Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice (together with S. Hoffman, R. Mai)
- Collaborative approaches to new product development: case of Russia (in print, scheduled for 2010) International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management (together with D. Podmetina, J. Vaatanen, M. Torkkeli)
- Alueellinen innovaatiokyky ja innovaatiotuotantoVenäjällä (2010) Idäntutkimus (The Finnish Review of East European Studies), 2010, No. 1, pp. 42-54 (together with D. Podmeting, J. Vaatanen)
- The Status of Purchasing and Supply Management in Finland and Russia (2010) Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management, Vol. 16, No 3, 185-194 (together with K. Lintukangas, V.-M. Virolainen, J. Jumpponen, S. Kouchtch, V. Panfilii)
- Key Stakeholders Interaction as a Factor of Product Innovation: the case of Russia (2009) International Journal of Technology Marketing, Vol 2/3, 18 p, (together with D. Podmetina, J. Vaatanen, S. Kouchtch).
- Assessing relationship quality in four business-to-business markets (2009) Marketing Intelligence and Planning, 27 (1), pp. 86-102 (together with B. Ashnai, S. Kouchtch, Y. Qionglei, B. Barnes, P. Naude). The paper was selected as the best paper published in Marketing Intelligence and Planning in 2010 by Emerald.
- Innovativeness and International Operations: Case of Russia R&D Companies. (2009) International Journal of Innovation Management (together with D. Podmetina, J. Vaatanen, M. Torkkeli).
Papers in Professional Journals:
- Is growth possible without innovations? Top Manager, July 2008 (together with S. Kouchtch, K. Krotov)
- Baltika: Segmenting the beer market in Russia and the West (2009) In: Marketing - an Introduction, Textbook by G. Armstrong, Ph.Kotler, M. Harker and R. Brennan (2009), Prentice Hall, с. 190-191.
- OOO Rusal-Sayanskaya Folga’s Choice of Marketing Startegy, ECCH Case studies collection, reference number 507-068-1. (together with S.P.Kouchtch, K.V. Krotov).
- “Rakurs” Company: Customer Relationship Management Strategy, in: Case Collection: “Strategic Management in Russian Companies”, SPSU, 2004. (together with S.P.Kouchtch).
- 2010 – Aalto University School of Economics, Finland
- 2006, 2007, 2008 – Manchester Business School, UK
- 2007 – Dortmund TU, Germany
HONORS AND AWARDS
Best paper award by Emerald for the best paper published in Marketing Intelligence and Planning journal in 2010: Assessing relationship quality in four business-to-business markets (2009) Marketing Intelligence and Planning, 27 (1), pp. 86-102 (together with B. Ashnai, S. Kouchtch, Y. Qionglei, B. Barnes, P. Naude).
Best paper in Business to Business/Customer Relationship Management Track, Society for Marketing Advances Conference: Marketing-Purchasing Integration and Collaboration Effects on Business Performance: A Russian Study Using Internal Dyadic Data (2010) Society for Marketing Advances conference, November 3-6 2010, Atlanta (USA) (together with P. Naude, S. Henneberg, B. Ashnai, S.Mouzas)
OTHER PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- 2009 - present – National representative of Russia in the EMAC (European Marketing Academy) Executive Committee
- 2006 - present - member of IMP (Industrial Marketing and Purchasing Group)
- 2006 - present - Member of EMAC (European Marketing Academy)
- 2009 - 2010 - member of AMA (American Marketing Association)
- 2009 - present - member of Academic Board of Graduate School of Management, St.Petersburg State University