EDUCATION AND ACADEMIC DEGREES
- 1994, General Management Course held in Sodeteg – Isvor-Fiat Training Centre in France – Italy on behalf of the European Union’s Tacis PROGRAMME in framework of the Russian Officers’ Re-training Programme and Russian Federation State Committee for Higher Education on: Strategy, Marketing, Human Resources and Organisation, Quality and Operation, Finance and Control. Courses were delivered in English.
- 1987, Leningrad State University Candidate Degree in Economics;
- 1970, School of Economics, Leningrad State University (Diploma in Economics)
- Strategic management of the Russian companies
- Quality management in the Russian companies
- Quality strategies
- Corporate Governance in Russian Companies.
SELECTED PAPERS AND PUBLICATIONS
Books, Monographs and Textbooks
- Interests, goals, indicators : interdependencies and concordance, co-author, St. Petersburg, St. Petersburg State University Publishing House, 1992.
- Fundamentals of Management, Textbook, Parts 1, 2, 1996, Part 3, 1997. St . Petersburg State University.
- Fundamentals of Management, Textbook, St. Petersburg, St. Petersburg State University Publishing House, 1999.
Papers in Academic Journals
- Overcoming Time (The preface for the translation of the classical publications) // Vestnik Sankt-Peterburgskogo Gosudarstvennogo Universiteta (Herald of St. Petersburg State University), Series 8 (Management), Vol. 2, 2004.
- Contemporary Corporate Governance and the Board of Directors Activity. // Vestnik Sankt-Peterburgskogo Gosudarstvennogo Universiteta, Series 8 (Management), Vol. 4, 2002, Vol. 1, 2003.
- Quality Strategy and Specifics of its Implementation in Russia
- Problems of the TQM Strategy and ISO 9000 Standards Application in the Russian Companies (Report at 6th World Congress for the Total Quality Management, Co-authored, Released in English), 2001.
- Quality Factor as the Necessary Condition of the Competitiveness: Quality Function Deployment (QFD) Technique – the Tool to Design the Competitive Product. Report at the international conference "Excellence in Business" in St. Petersburg, May 18–21, 2000. Materials of the conference.
Papers in Professional Journals
- Quality Management System as an Important Part of Companies’ Strategic Management. // All about Quality: Domestic Products. Vol. 45. M. 2006. p. 55—66
Chapters in Books and Collections of Essays
- DVK Company: Coming into Being and Development. Bilingual Russian-German Case, co-author, D. Ovsianko, K. Richter, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), 1997.
- SLOTEX – Direcion of Development // http://case-center.ru
- Corporate Governance and Sustainable Business Growth. Washington, Newark (Delaware), New-York, 23-27 April, 2007.
- 4-6 December, 2006, 11th World Congress for TQM, Wellington, New Zealand.
- Studies in Corporate Governance. Schulich School of Business, York University, Toronto, Canada, 2002.
- Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley, USA, Multiple Internships, 2000—2004.
- Training Program for Professors SOM in Sweden Institute of Management (IFL) and ABB company (Sweden), 1999.
- St. Petersburg Enterprise Education Programme in Manchester Business School – “Manchester Workshop 02 September – 26 September 1997.
- Strategic Management: Competitiveness and Globalisation Seminar Sponsored by Associations of Friends of the University of Tubingen, Federal Republic of Germany. Academic Directors: Professor, Dr. R.E. Hoskisson, Texas A&M University, Professor, Dr. M. A.Hitt, Texas A&M University. June 29 – July 06, 1996.
- Summer Schools “Finance and Banking”, “Finance and Banking Practices in Western Economies”, 1992, 1994.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Honorary official of the High professional education of the Russian Federation Award, 2004.
- Grant of USIA and “Evroasia” Fund for Translation of Scientific Materials and Developing Educational Courses, 1998, 1999.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Association of Independent Directors, Expert, from 2004
- Scientific Reports on 6 World Congresses for Total Quality Management, St-Petersburg, 2001, and 11 World Congresses for Total Quality Management Wellington, New Zealand 2006.
- Consulting Projects in strategic Management and Quality Management for PC North-West Ship Company, Farmacon Company, DVK Ltd., Slotex Company 1991—2006.
- Head the Department of Management Theory 2000—2005.
- Scientific Director Executive Program in Operation and Manufacturing Management in GSOM, 2008—2009.