EDUCATION AND ACADEMIC DEGREES
- Summer School on Finance at the University of Tubingen (Germany), 1992, 1993, 1994
- Candidate of Sciences in Economics (First Doctoral Degree), St. Petersburg University, 1985
- Post Graduated Studies, St. Petersburg University, Department of Economics, 1971–1974
- Leningrad State University (Diploma in economics and mathematics with distinction 1966-1971
- Privatization and regulation in Transition Economies
- Modernization of Public Sector and E-government
- Public-private partnerships
SELECTED PAPERS AND PUBLICATIONS (OVER 50 PUBLICATIONS)
Papers in Academic Journals
- Education of Civil Servants: Models and Approaches. // Vestnik St. Peterburgskogo Universiteta (Herald of St. Petersburg University). - Seria 8. Management -#4. - 2002. - P. 186 - 218. (co-author Y.Fedotov)
- Privatization in Russia: the Search for an Efficient Model // Russian & East European Finance and Trade, a Journal of Translations, 1999, vol 35, #4. (English) (co-author I.Baranov)
Papers in Professional Journals
- Assessment of economic performance at healthcare organizations // Kremlin medicine, 2009, #1, pp. 78-80 (co-authors K. Golubina, I. Yegorova)
- How to educate and train civil servants? // Personnel-Mix, 2003. №3 (16). С. 48–51 (co-author Y.Fedotov)
Chapters in Books and Collections of Essays
- Development of educational programs in e-government: trends, challenges and Russian experience // One Stop Europe 2009 - Electronic Public Management, Alcatel-Lucent Stiftung, 2010. Pp.38-45 (co-author A.A.Golubeva)
- Readiness to G2B electronic interactions in Russian regions: results of empirical study // Proceedings of ICEG 2008, Melbourne, 2008 (co-author A Golubeva)
- Decade of Economic Reforms in St. Petersburg (Collective monograph) - St. Petersburg, Leontief Center, 2001. Part 2, ch.3 Local Self-Government. P.187-227 (co-author)
- Development of inter-budgetary relations: experience and strategies in changing economy // Компаративистика –II. Anthology of socio – humanitarian researches. St. Petersburg, St. Petersburg State University, 2002. С.231–245.
- Liquidity Management in Multidivisional Bank: a Case Study of Industry and Construction Bank in St. Petersburg, Russia // Strategic Management in Russian Companies: Case Study Collection. St. Petersburg, Publishing house of St. Petersburg State University, 2004. pp.211–247 (co-author T.A.Pustovalova).
- Small Business Lending in Russia: A Case Study of Industry and Construction Bank in St.Petersburg, Russia // Journal of Finance Case Research. 2002. Vol.4. pp.1–26 (co-authors J. Collari, T.A.Pustovalova).
- Joint-Stock Company Glinozem. A Case Study of Privatization and Valuation // Russian&East European Finance and Trade. 1996. P.74–92. (co-author J. Collari).
GSOM Working Papers
- Local Self-Government in St. Petersburg: Analysis of Organizational Structures. Working paper series of the Center for Management and Institutional Studies. N 2003-21
- 2007 VTT Technical Research Center of Finland, Espoo (Finland),
- 2003, 1999, 1997. Haas School of Business, UC Berkeley (USA),
- 2001 Lowry Mays College & Graduate School of Business, Texas A&M University (USA),.
- 2000 Urban Studies and Planning Program, School of Architecture, University of Maryland, College Park, (USA),
- 1996, Katz School of Business, University of Pittsburg, USA
- 1999 Swedish Management Institute (IFL), Stockholm (Sweden)
- 1998, 1997, 1996 Stockholm University, Stockholm (Sweden)
- 1994 Lancaster University (UK).
HONORS AND AWARDS
- 2009 Diploma of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation
- 2009 Diploma of the Governor of St. Petersburg, for Active Participation in the “Presidential Initiative” Program
- 2005 – 2006 Citigroup Fellow (Citigroup Awards for GSOM Faculty Development);
- 2004 Medal of the President of RF “In Commemoration of 300 anniversary of St. Petersburg”
- 1999 - Honorable title and Breastplate “Distinguished Educationalist of Russian Higher Professional Education”of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation
OTHER PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- 2008 – 2009 Member of Expert group of St.Petersburg Interregional Resource Center of Presidential Initiative Program for Managers Training for Russian Companies.
- 1998 – 2010 Member of Academic Council of Graduate School of Management, SPbSU.
- 2007 – present Member of the Network of Institutes and Schools of Public Administration of Central and East Europe (NISPAcee
Research projects and consulting activity
- 2005-2006, Tempus - TACIS Project «Integrative Qualifications in e-Government», (grant SCM-T037A05-2005), project coordinator.
- 2001, 2002 Consulting projects on the development of local self-government in St. Petersburg, Committee for Interaction with Local Authorities, St. Petersburg City Government;
- 1998-1999 Expert in Finnish-Russian project «Development of Local Administration at the City of Pushkin» (supported by TACIS grant);
- 1993-1995 Russian expert in UCEMET project «Privatization and Company Valuation in Central Europe and in Russia», (UCEMET - European Council for Economic and Management Education Transfer) (grants from Swedish Institute and Open Society Institute).