Eduniversal is a global ranking agency founded in 1994, France, which specializes on global ranking s in the field of higher education.
Currently Eduniversal develops two annual global rankings:
- Eduniversal – ranking of the best 1000 business schools in 154 countries
- Eduniversal best Masters and MBA – ranking of the 4000 best master programs and MBA in 30 fields of study in 154 countries
Ranking Eduniversal defines the best business schools in 154 countries on the basis of the awarded “palmes” and voting of the deans and business schools’ directors, in the course of which they share their opinion concerning the best business-oriented educational establishments in each country.
The “palmes” of Eduniversal illustrate the authority of the establishment on the international level. They are awarded according to certain criteria of international significance defined by the International Academic Board and the grades given by the colleagues (deans’ voting). With the help of the “palme” system students and enrollees find it easier to determine the extent of influence of an establishment in the given country, geographical zone or globally.
Criteria of international significance:
- various awarded accreditations
- position in the main international rankings
- participation in the international academic associations
- networks of partnerships of the deans and business schools on the regional and international level
- number of citations about the establishment in the main publications and web sites that got the acknowledgement in the field of higher education
The “palme” system allows comparing horizontally and between continents, which differentiates Eduniversal from other international rankings.
GSOM SPbU in Eduniversal Ranking
Graduate School of Management SPbU takes the first position in the ranking of the Russian business schools according to Eduniversal. It was awarded with 5 “palme”. In 2013-2014 GSOM took the first place among the business schools of Eastern Europe and in 2015 GSOM stepped back on the second place letting only the University of Prague to come forward.
Eduniversal best Masters and MBA Ranking
This ranking classifies the best master programs and MBA programs of the world. It is defined as a result of a poll of the three main groups: deans, program directors, recruiters and alumni.
The results of the poll are used for ranking the programs in 30 different fields. All the programs are within the 1000 establishments of the 154 countries defined by the official procedure of Eduniversal.
The three main criteria for the ranking are as follows:
- reputation of the program (calculated on the basis of the poll pf HR-managers and takes into account the number of “palmes” in the schools’ ranking);
- salary of the first place of employment (calculated as a result of the alumni poll and takes into account the salary average of each country);
- satisfaction of the program alumni (calculated on the base of alumni poll).
Besides, the level of internationalization and possibility of remote studying are significant in the program’s ranking.
GSOM SPbU in the Ranking
Graduate School of Management SPbU takes the leading positions in the ranking in Eastern Europe.
Results of the year 2015 in Eastern Europe
- “Master of international Business”(MIB) program was the first in the field of international management
- “Master in Information Technology and Innovation Management (MITIM) was the first in the field of information system management
- “Master of Corporate Finance” (MCF) took the second place in the field of corporate finance
- “Master in Management”(MIM) took the third place in the field of general management
Executive MBA (EMBA) took the fourth place in the field of additional professional education programs.