Grab the opportunity to join for a semester Russian top-ranked business school located in one of the most beautiful European cities.
Who can become a free mover student?
Any student from any level of studies who is not officially nominated by a partner University or is coming from the University that has no student exchange agreement with Graduate School of Management or Saint Petersburg University meeting the acceptance requirements and submitting the application package until the deadline set can be enrolled into GSOM for a semester as a free mover student (on a fee-paying basis).
- English language proficiency comparable to TOEFL ibt 80/ IELTS 6.0/ level of B2
- GPA equal or higher than 70%
- Russian language proficiency comparable to level of B2 if you plan to take courses which are taught in Russian
The Application Package:
- the latest academic transcript (reflecting grades and GPA for the whole period of studies) and the description of the evaluating system, especially if it is not in ECTS;
- documentation for English language proficiency comparable to the minimum level expected: TOEFL ibt 80/ IELTS 6.0 or at the level of B2 on a test of English administered by a teacher of English qualified to work with CEFR;
- if you plan to take courses which are taught in Russian: a certificate or letter of confirmation from your school on your proficiency in Russian language
- a resume/CV including the information about the university and the department you study at, working experience if any, your academic and other achievements;
- a letter of reference from your university stating that they confirm your availability for going abroad for a semester; brief characteristic of you as a student and their confirmation that they are ready to count in the courses you will study abroad and transfer credits for them*;
- motivation letter;
- copy of passport (NB! Your passport must be valid for minimum 18 months after the intended date of departure from Russia).
*As a rule sending school is able to issue such a letter upon presenting to the office in charge GSOM course offer so that it can be seen if a semester is doable for a student. The latest course offer can be downloaded from the Documents section of the web-site.
The deadlines change depending on the dates of the semesters and can be found in the latest Fact Sheet file.
- The student arrives in Saint Petersburg within the dates stated in the invitation document
- The first working day after the arrival the student comes to the International Office to submit his passport with a stamp and a migration card which will be given to him upon his crossing Russian border, he signs an agreement and receives a receipt to be paid;
- The payment must be made in rubles. If the payment is made in cash, the student takes the receipt to Sberbank Bank and makes a single payment within 10 working days since the day of his coming to our office.Otherwise the student opens a bank account in Sberbank Bank (with the help of his buddy) and makes a payment within 10 working days since the day of his coming to our office;
- The student brings the receipt back to the International office;
- GSOM officially enrolls the student for an exchange semester.
The cost of the studies is 250 000 rubles / semester (2016/2017 academic year).
NB: if there is a need in opening bank account, the student must deal with the payment until his passport is taken by the International Office for the visa extension.
What GSOM expects from a free mover student
A free mover student is enrolled to GSOM on equal basis as a regular exchange student, i.e. has the same rights and responsibilities.
GSOM average workload is 30 ECTS / semester or the number of ECTS as close to 30 as possible. Attendance is a must and effects the final grades for the courses.
Deregistration from any of the courses after the Course registration dates is possible only upon presenting a letter from the sending school and before the particular course starts.
What a free mover student can expect from GSOM
- A place in the Dormitory is automatically booked for all incoming students, which is relatively cheap and saves effort in searching for a place to stay in right upon the arrival
- Fascinating Introduction week is organized by Aw’GSOM Buddy Team, including introductory Russian Crash Course
- We offer Russian courses, 4 hour/week and 8 hour/week with the group distribution by levels
- Our courses are delivered by highly qualified and experienced professors
- At the end of the study period the student receives an official Transcript of studies