Dear Sir or Madam,
We are particularly pleased to announce the launch of the Louvain School of Management which from now on will bring together in a single school the Management Science departments of four French-speaking universities:
- Universite catholique de Louvain (UCL - formerly IAG - in Louvain-la-Neuve),
- Facultes Universitaires Catholiques de Mons (FUCAM in Mons),
- Facultes Universitaires Notre Dame de la Paix (FUNDP in Namur),
- Facultes universitaires Saint Louis (FUSL in Brussels).
This is a highly significant event on the Belgian and European university landscape.
In fact, with 70 permanent professors, 128 visiting professors and 110 researchers, the Louvain School of Management is one of the country's leading business schools:
- 5 centers of excellence, specializing in areas of advanced research in management,
- 1,200 masters students,
- 20,000 alumni who form Belgium's largest network of executives and business leaders,
- 4 campuses in Louvain-la-Neuve, Mons, Namur and Brussels.
Focusing firmly on the international scene, the Louvain School of Management is, in particular, the only Belgian school to be a member of the prestigious CEMS network (through its Louvain-la-Neuve campus). The CEMS comprises the top 17 management schools in Europe, including HEC-Paris and the London School of Economics. Moreover, the Master CEMS awarded by the Louvain School of Management ranks third in the Financial Times 2008 European classification.
To be a leading player at the European level, our strategy is based on three pillars:
- The education of sound leaders in both scientific and human terms, hence our slogan "Excellence & Ethics in Business",
- High-quality teaching based on advanced research,
- Numerous partnerships with businesses and with 130 universities spread across the five continents.
We hope that you will support this outstanding and ambitious project in your circles of influence. It holds out the promise of a fine future for the young people of our country in a world of increasingly fierce competition.
Thank you for your interest in the Louvain School of Management.