All librarians be they from business, social sciences, physical sciences or any other academic area are acutely aware of the great need to develop library environment and services meeting current expectations of the new user generation. To reach this aim library specialists need a clear vision of what users actually expect from any library, how do they perceive the changes that inevitably occur in the information landscape and shape the practice of librarianship.
The key topics defined for the Conference “Library Redesign for the Next User Generation” this year are
- New Generation* at the library: behavioral patterns.
- New Generations’ Perception of Library Service.
- Resource and Service Requirements of the New Generation
- Information provision for the New Generation.
* Under “New Generation” we consider people born between 1991 and 2002.
A special emphasis of this year’s conference is making new connections. We will have sessions that are designed to bridge areas of user behavior and user psychology and promote cross-disciplinary interaction.