- Topic 1. System analysis and business modeling:
Business systems; The benefits of formalization; Models vs. systems; Models and modelling, model types; Thinking in systems.
- Topic 2. Formal models of business processes:
Goals of using models in management; Fundamental terms of control theory and business process management; Key performance indicators; Queuing theory basics.
- Topic 3. Approaches to business process modeling:
Abstraction concepts; From business functions to business processes shift; Approaches within BPM: people, technology; Business process management life-cycle: design, modeling, execution, monitoring, optimization; BPM and quality management: TQM, Six Sigma, BPR, BPI.
- Topic 4. Business process mapping and visualization:
Visualizing business dimensions; Types of diagram modelling; Process mindmap; C&E; Flowcharts; RD; CFD.
- Topic 5. Business process improvement and reengineering
Business process improvement types; Creating AS-IS and TO-BE models; What-If analysis; What-If table.
- Topic 6. Business process documenting
Process description types: rules, regulations, instructions, norms; Characteristics of a good instruction.
- Topic 7. IT solutions for business process management
Hierarchy of software solutions for process management; Business process simulation; IBM Innov 8 Simulation.
- Topic 8. Quality of business processes
BPM notations; International certification ISO 9000; Course summary.