Topic 1. Group Work & Team Work – common and specific aspects.
• Teams in the modern management. Teams and team spirit in the modern organization.
• Fundamentals of group development (social-psychological concepts).
• Socially-psychological parameters of small groups: informal structure; group norms; chemistry and cohesion.
• Attributes of team and its differences from working group. Leadership in teams.
Topic 2. Social Psychological Fundamentals of Group Dynamic. Team building and team development.
• B. Tuckman Model: Forming, Storming, Norming, Performing, Reforming as 5 stages of team development
• Katzenbach J. R., Smith D. Model: Working group, Pseudo team, potential team, effective and highly effective team.
• Advantages and disadvantages of team work: group thinking and group pressure, shared leadership and synergy.
• Necessity of the facilitation and the moderation in the group work
Topic 3. Planning in the Team. Shared Goals and Goal’s Sharing.
• The Cycle of Goals Setting: preparation, execution, evaluation.
• Clay pigeon for the goal setting
• The process of goal sharing
Topic 4. Team Design. Functional and Team Roles. Diagnostic and Feed-back.
• Non-formal structure of the group: roles and statuses
• R.M.Belbin Model: 8 roles and 4 dimensions in the team
Topic 5. Moderation and Facilitation in a Team Work.
• Causal attribution model and its role in the team meeting analysis.
• Non-verbal expressiveness and body language (speaker’s & listener’s)
• Media tools and their using in the discussion process.
• Moderator’s functions and his/her topic-, group-, person- oriented tasks.
Topic 6. Team Development: from the Group to the Highly Effective Team.
• Goal setting algorithms and its using in the group discussion
• Criteria of goal achievement
• Team effectiveness and tacit knowledge in the team
• Feedback techniques: active listening and personal-oriented positive feedback