The Graduate School of Management St. Petersburg State University is a highly regarded center of academic concerning the social sector management. The GSOM programs are designed for executive managers/top-level executives engaged in the social sector. We offer our students a unique academic opportunity in the following management fields:
- Social sector.
Programs for Managers of Organizations in the Social Sphere
Additional Educational Programs for Professional Retraining:
- General Management (Major Social Sector Management), is being implemented within the framework of the Presidential Program on Training Managers and Executives for the Enterprises of the National Economy of the Russian Federation.
- Healthcare Management, is being implemented within the framework of the Presidential Program on Training Managers and Executives for the Enterprises of the National Economy of the Russian Federation.
Additional Continuing Education Programs:
- Innovations in Higher Education Institutions: Elaboration and Implementation of Development Strategy
- Transition to a Level System of Higher Professional Education: The Possibilities of the Federal State Educational Standards on Management (Third – Generation Standards)
GSOM prioritize the development of programs in the social sphere (to educate executives), which is in full compliance with the 2008 – 2012 Strategic Plan for the GSOM Development.
Since its inception GSOM has gained international recognition for its focused commitment to academic excellence. We keep extending partnership as well as expanding faculty hiring top Russian and foreign experts.
Launched in 2007 the General Management Program was the first national additional retraining program majoring in Social Sector Management. The program was launched in the context of the Presidential Program on Managers and Executives Training for the Enterprises of National Economy of the Russian. Since 2007 over 100 top – level executives and senior managers in education, healthcare services, culture, public utilities, and social service have completed the course.
In 2008 GSOM launched the program Management in Education: MBA and Master Programs tailored for heads and faculty of the Plekhanov Russian Academy of Economics.
In 2008 the St. Petersburg State University acquired the right to participate in the priority federal continuing education program designed for researchers and educators. In the context of this program GSOM realized the additional continuing education program that came to be known as Innovations in Higher Education: Commercialization of Research and Education.
2009 saw implementation of another program known as the Innovations in Higher Education: Elaboration of Strategies for Educational Institutions. 76 heads of RF higher educational institutions completed the program.
In 2009 the St. Petersburg State University was among six universities selected by the Ministry of Economic Development of RF to accomplish the Healthcare Management Program, an additional retraining program launched within the framework of the Presidential Program. We highly appreciate the support of the St. Petersburg government and that of the Ministry of Public Health and Social Development of Russia, which contributed to our success.
In December of 2009 we graduated our first class that had successfully completed the Healthcare Management Program. Healthcare executive managers from 5 regions of the RF (St. Petersburg, Leningradskaya Oblast, Kabardino-Balkaria, Tyumenskaya Oblast and Belgorodskaya Oblast) earned the St. Petersburg University diplomas.
In 2010, GSOM developed a unique retraining program for heads of higher educational institutions. Transition to the Level System of Higher Professional Education: The Possibilities of the Federal State Educational Management Standards (Third-Generation Standards). The program is based on the experience gained by the GSOM while managing a group of leading economic-administrative institutions for higher education in the Russian Federation who are also the developers of the third generation management educational standards.
What makes these programs stand out:
- Competence-based approach to the elaboration of programs
- Dominance of active teaching methods: case studies on management of organizations in the social sphere, business role playing, business-visits (including organizations managed by graduates from social- oriented programs of the GSOM), guest lectures by world known scientists (including June lectures by Nobel prize winners), management gurus, heads of transnational enterprises.
- Universal training support: this houses the only resource center for case studies in Russia, the GSOM publishing house, and unique access to the world renowned network electronic database.
- GSOM Associates: full time professors of the GSOM. The team is being filled with the best native and foreign specialists in the field of management of organizations in the social sphere
- Project orientation