(in cooperation with ABIS – The Academy of Business in Society)
Yury Blagov, associate professor, GSOM, firstname.lastname@example.org
The 9th Annual Colloquium of ABIS – The Academy of Business in Society titled “Corporate Responsibility and Emerging Markets” was hosted by St. Petersburg University Graduate School of Management in September 2010. The main contextual trends discussed in this Colloquium are still strong. Among them are continuing crisis in the Wester-dominated paradigm of economic governance, the changing global role of the businesses from Emerging Markets, and the growing burden of responsibility of Emerging Markets and their leading companies. Nevertheless, since that the Emerging Market economies have experienced dramatic socio-economic changes at both the macro and micro levels that affected CSR-related approaches and practices. The one day track “Corporate Social Responsibility” (October 5, 2017) within “GSOM Emerging Markets Conference-2017” provides participants with the unique opportunity to analyze these important changes and their effects as well as current issues in the field of CSR and Sustainability within Emerging Markets. We invite paper proposals that address the global, national, and company levels of the Track and Conference topics.
Suggested topics include (but are not limited to) the following:
- the impact of Emerging Markets on global sustainable development;
- the impact of the current global challenges on the CSR agenda in Emerging Markets and the impact of Emerging Markets on the global CSR agenda;
- the peculiarities of business and society relations in Emerging Markets;
- comparative analysis of the state of CSR in Emerging Markets;
- case studies on CSR approaches, frameworks, practices, addresses to specific issues, and reporting standards of companies in Emerging Markets;
- the role and place of CSR and Sustainability in management development and management education in companies and business schools.
Keywords presenting the track: Corporate social responsibility (CSR),corporate responsibility, sustainability, emerging markets, management development, management education.