Topic 1. Effective business correspondence: Instant messages vs. emails. (4 hours)
Session 1. Introduction into the case
- Main message
- Initial opinions
Effective business correspondence:
- Instant messages exchange
- Emailing to peers vs. emailing to senior staff. Instant messages and emails layout. Instant messages and emails language styles. The interrelationship between the needs of the audience, the goal of the writing, and writing style and format.
- The Analytical Grids.
- Typical challenges and pitfalls of business emails.
- Empty messages vs. action-oriented response
Topic 2. Feedback session. Effective analytical notes. (2 hours)
- Email exchange
- Analytical Notes. Presenting the findings. Effective analytical notes: collecting the information, selecting and organizing the material, presenting findings, concluding and recommending.
- The art of persuasion. Persuasion techniques.
- Psychology of persuasion. Words are power.
- Public speaking: anxiety and fears.
Topic 3. Pitching positions/solutions. (6 hours)
Session 4 - 5
Public Speaking: Anxiety and fears. Gaining credibility.
Pitch Your Position.
- Main principles and techniques of pitching
- Selecting and organizing material for pitching.
- Language of pitching
Session 6. Pitching a position/solution.
Topic 4. Giving and receiving feedback techniques. (1 hour)
How to avoid the cruelty of feedback.
Topic 5. Giving presentations (group presentations). (3 hour)
- Feedback. Analysis of pitches. Self-evaluating tables. Peer-to-peer feedback.
- From academic to business presentations
- Main principles of selecting and organizing information for efficient presentations. Presentation structure. Essential language of presentations
- Visualization of the message
- Developing an argument
- Dealing with difficult questions
Session 8. Final group presentations.