President-Chairman of VTB Management Board
(born September 21, 1956; Moscow)
- In 1979 graduated with honors from the Moscow State University, Faculty of Economics, majoring in International Economics, also has a Ph.D. in Economics.
- From 1979 through 1992, worked in the USSR Foreign Affairs Ministry: from 1979 to 1982 – in the USSR Consulate General in Australia, from 1985 to 1990 – in the USSR Embassy in Great Britain.
- In 1992, A. Kostin joined those who founded the Russian Investment and Finance Company (RIFK, in Russian acronyms), which was very active securities and debt markets maker.
- From 1993 to 1995, he worked as Deputy Head of Foreign Investment Department of the Imperial Bank.
- In 1995 A. Kostin was elected First Deputy Chairman of the National Reserve Bank (NRB).
- By a Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of October 18, 1996, Andrey Kostin was appointed Chairman of Vnesheconombank.
- On October 14, 1999, the President extended his mandate for a three-year period. In 1999, A. Kostin was awarded the order of Honor, to pay credit to his finance and banking activities.
- In 1998 and later in 2001, for his contribution to the development of Russian banking system, A. Kostin was awarded Russian Government`s Certificates of Merit.