Irina Mihailova, Dr. (Sc.), Professor of International Business and Director of International Business Master Program, Department of Management and International Business, Aalto University School of Business
Irina Mihailova received her doctoral degree in International Business in 2010 from the Aalto University School of Business with Honor. Her research focuses on internationalization strategies and competitiveness of emerging market firms, with special interest in the internationalization of online firms, international entrepreneurship, and qualitative research methods. Her work has appeared in Academy of Management Review, Journal of World Business, Management International Review, Critical Perspectives in International Business, and Journal of East-West Business among others. Irina Mihailova has been teaching courses in International Business in the Global Alliance in Management (CEMS) Master program. She has acted as a director of a number of research projects on Internationalization of Russian firms and served as a Manager for Russian relations in 2010-2013. She has been a vising scholar at Henley Business School of University of Reading during 2006-2008 and at St. Petersburg University Graduate School of Management in 2011.
Publications in Refereed Journals
- Mihailova, I. (2015). Outcomes of learning through JVs for local parent firms in transition economies: Evidence from Russia. Journal of World Business, 50(1): 220-233.
- Suder, G, Liesch, P., Inomata, S. Mihailova, I, and Meng. B. (2015) The evolving geography of production hubs and regional value chains across East Asia: Trade in value-added. Journal of World Business.
- Michailova, S., Piekkari, R., Plakoyinnaki, E., Ritvala, T., Mihailova, I., and Salmi, A. (2014). Breaking the silence about exiting fieldwork: A Relational approach and its implications for theorizing. Academy of Management Review. 39(2): 138-161.
- Mihailova, I. and Panibratov, A. (2013). Determinants of internationalization strategies of emerging market firms: A multi-level approach. Journal of East-West Business, 18(2): 157-184.
- Jormanainen, I. and Koveshnikov, A. (2012). International activities of emerging market firms: A critical assessment of research in top international management journals. Management International Review, 52 (5): 691-725.
- Michailova, S. and Jormanainen, I. (2011). Knowledge transfer between Russian and western firms: Whose absorptive capacity is in question. Critical Perspectives in International Business, 7(3): 250-270.
- Jormanainen, I. (2010). Outcomes of learning through Joint Ventures for local parent firms: evidence from Russia. Doctoral Dissertation, Monograph, Aalto print.