Results of the project second stage
In order to carry on the second stage of the project “The Antecedents of Students’ Entrepreneurial Activity: an Institutional Approach” we analyzed literature in the field of student entrepreneurship, developed the methodology to investigate our new research questions, built conceptual models to identify the relationship between the institutions and entrepreneurial intentions among students, and conducted their empirical testing. The findings were presented at the international conferences, reflected in academic articles and incorporated in the educational process.
Brief description of the results:
1. International research seminar (pursuant to the Order of SPbGU №5943/1 issued on 11.08.2015 “On organizing and holding a seminar”)
2. Conference papers
(1) United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship – USASBE, Janyary 22-25 2015, Tampa, USA.
Paper №1: Shirokova G., Osiyevskyy O., Morris M., Bogatyreva K. Expertise, university infrastructure and approaches to new venture creation: assessing students who start business.
(2) Diana International Research Conference 2015, June 9-10, 2015, Babson Colledge, Wellesley, Massachussets, USA.
Paper №2: Edelman L., Manolova T., Shirokova G., Tsukanova T. The impact of family support on young female entrepreneurs’ start-up activities.
(3) 2015 Annual Meeting of the Academy of International Business – AIB, June 27-30, 2015, Bangalore, India.
Paper №3: Edelman L., Manolova T., Shirokova G., Tsukanova T. Family support and young entrepreneurs’ start-up activities in an emerging and developed economy context: an empirical exploration.
(4) 75th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management – AOM, August 7-11, 2015, Vancouver, Canada.
Paper №4: Edelman L., Manolova T., Shirokova G., Tsukanova T. The impact of family support on young entrepreneurs’ start-up activities.
(5) 35th Strategic Management Society (SMS) Annual International Conference, October 3-6, 2015, Denver, Colorado, USA.
Paper №5: Edelman L., Manolova T., Shirokova G., Tsukanova T. Overcoming institutional voids: the impact of family support on young entrepreneurship in emerging markets.
Paper №6: Shirokova G., Laskovaia A., Beliaeva A. Exploring the Relationship between Entrepreneurship Education and Students’ Entrepreneurial Intentions: the Moderating Role of National Culture.
(6) GSOM Emerging Markets Conference-2015: Business and Government Perspectives, October 15-17, 2015, Saint-Petersburg, Russia.
Paper №7: Knatko D., Shirokova G., Bogatyreva K. Industry choice in entrepreneurship: the role of resources and country related contingencies.
Paper №8: Tsukanova T., Shirokova G., Morris M. The Role of National Culture and University Context in Fostering Student Start-up Activities: Embeddedness Perspective.
(7) Research in entrepreneurship and small business – RENT, November18-20, 2015, Zagreb, Croatia.
Paper №9: Bogatyreva K., Knatko D. Young entrepreneurs’ industry choice: influence of resources and country settings
Paper №10: Shirokova G., Osiyevskyy O., Bogatyreva K. Exploring the intention-behavior link in student entrepreneurship
3. Published papers in RSCI database
(1) Shirokova G., Laskovaya A. 2015. Effectuation concept: Stages of development and main research directions. Vestnik of St.Petersburg University. Series Management. №2. P. 3-38. Impact-factor in RSCI-2013 is 0,471. Detailed information
(2) Shirokova G., Tsukanova T., Bogatyreva K. 2015 Antecedents of students' entreprneurial intentions in Russia. Vestnik of St.Petersburg University. Series Management. №3. P. 21-46. Impact-factor in RSCI-2013 is 0,471. Detailed information
(3) Shirokova G., Beliaeva T. 2015. Students' entrepreneurial intentions: concept and main research approaches. Modern Competition, 9, №2 (50). P. 5-31. Impact-factor in RSCI-2013 is 0,251. Detailed information
(4) Shirokova G., Tsukanova T., Bogatyreva K. 2015. University environment and student entrepreneurship: The role of business experience and entrepreneurial self-efficacy. Educational Studies. №3. P. 171-207. Impact-factor in RSCI-2013 is 0,946. Detailed information
4. Published papers in Web of Science database
(1) Morris M., Shirokova G., Tsukanova T. Student entrepreneurship and the university ecosystem: A multi-country empirical exploration. European Journal of International Management. Impact factor is 0,568.
(2) Knatko D., Shirokova G., Bogatyreva K. Industry choice by young entrepreneurs in different country settings: the role of human and financial capital. Journal of Business Economics and Management. Impact factor 0,887.
5. Working papers
- Beliaeva Т., Laskovaia А., Shirokova G. Entrepreneurial learning and students’ entrepreneurial intentions: A cross-cultural approach. Working Paper #8 (E) - 2015. Graduate School of Management, St.Petersburg University: SPb, 2015. 24 p.
- Knatko D., Shirokova G., Bogatyreva K. Industry choice by young entrepreneurs in different country settings: The role of human and financial capital. Working Paper #19 (E) - 2015. Graduate School of Management, St.Petersburg University: SPb, 2015. 22 p.
6. Modernized course programs:
(1) “Entrepreneurship” (in English) for bachelor students in Management;
(2) «Entrepreneurship» (in Russian) for Еxecutive МВА students.