The Project ‘From Start-Up to Global Innovative Company: Development of Sources of Competitive Advantage in Russian Entrepreneurial Firms’
About the project
The project ‘From start-up to global innovative company: Development of sources of competitive advantage in Russian entrepreneurial firms’ financed by the Russian science Foundation is aimed at studying conceptualization and methodological roots of the factors of formation and development of sources of competitive advantage of Russian entrepreneurial firms.
In particular, it is planned to conduct research on two topics within this project:
1) the emergence and dynamics of the early development of Russian innovative start-ups created by entrepreneurial teams;
(2) the formation and development of sources of competitive advantage of Russian entrepreneurial firms to enable them to successfully operate in the global business environment.
The relevance of the present project is due, on the one hand, to the solution of the theoretical problem of studying the success factors for new entrepreneurial firms, the dynamics of their development and the formation of sources of competitive advantage in the modern world characterized by by environmental complexity, rapid globalization and dynamism. On the other hand, it is extremely important to develop practical recommendations for determining and choosing a strategic direction for the development of entrepreneurial firms which will enable them to achieve superior performance in the face of global uncertainty, as well as guidelines for policy makers with respect to encouraging and supporting such firms.
The project lasts for 2.5 years and will be completed in late 2021. The project involves the participation of both Russian and foreign scientists, including leading researchers in the field of entrepreneurship.
- Galina Shirokova – research team supervisor, Professor, Strategic and International Management Department, Director, Center for Entrepreneurship, Graduate School of Management SPbU;
- Tatiana Manolova, DBA (Doctor of Business Administration), Professor, Bentley University, USA;
- Linda Edelman, DBA (Doctor of Business Administration), Professor, Bentley University, USA;
- Louis Marino, Professor, The University of Alabama, USA;
- William Wales, PhD, Standish Associate Professor of Entrepreneurship, University of Albany School of Business, USA;
- Oleksiy Osiyevskyy, PhD, Assistant Professor, Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary, Canada;
- Anastasiia Laskovaia, Assistant Professor St. Petersburg State University, Graduate School of Management SPbU;
- Tatiana Beliaeva, Candidate of Economic Sciences, junior research fellow, Graduate School of Management SPbU;
- Emilia Karpinskaia, PhD student in "Economics and Management of National Economy," junior research fellow, Graduate School of Management SPbU;
- Anastasia Belikova, PhD student in "Economics and Management of National Economy," junior research fellow, Graduate School of Management SPbU.
Research project events
- 22.11.2019 | From start-up to global innovative company: development of sources of competitive advantage in Russian entrepreneurial firms