M. Deniz Dalman
Associate Professor , Marketing Department
EDUCATION AND ACADEMIC DEGREES
- 2009 Ph.D. State University of New York at Binghamton, USA; Major: Marketing; Minor: Research Methods
- 2004 MBA Istanbul Bilgi University, Turkey
- 2002 M.I.M. Schiller International University, Germany; Major: International Business
- 2001 B.S. Istanbul Technical University, Turkey; Major: Environmental Engineering
- Word of Mouth
- Marketing of Higher Education
SELECTED PAPERS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Mishra, Debi P., Atav, Gizem and Dalman, M. Deniz (2020), “Do buzz and evidence really matter in product preannouncements? An empirical test of two competing theories”, Journal of Consumer Marketing, https://doi.org/10.1108/JCM-06-2018-2740
- Dalman, M. Deniz, Chatterjee, Subimal, and Min, Junhong (2020), “Negative word of mouth for a failed innovation from higher/lower equity brands: Moderating roles of opinion leadership and consumer testimonials”, Journal of Business Research, 115, 1-13.
- Chatterjee, Subimal, Dalman, M. Deniz, and Mookherjee, Satadruta (2020), “To short or not to short? Improving morality judgments of short trades and short traders”, Journal of Business Research, 114, 173-185.
- Dalman, M. Deniz, Buche, Mari W. and Min, Junhong (2017), “The Differential Influence of Identification on Ethical Judgment: The Role of Brand Love”, Journal of Business Ethics, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10551-017-3774-1
- Dalman, M. Deniz and Kartikeya Puranam (2017), "Consumer evaluation of ingredient branding strategy", Management Research Review, 40(7), 768-782.
- Dalman, M. Deniz and Junhong Min (2014), "Marketing Strategy for Unusual Brand Differentiation: Trivial Attribute Effect," International Journal of Marketing Studies 6(5), 63.
- Min, Junhong, Segal, Madhave N., and Dalman, M. Deniz (2014), "The Identity Salience and Emotional Attachment Strategies in Alumni-University Relationships," International Journal of Customer Relationship Marketing and Management (IJCRMM) 5(2), 21-37.
- Mishra, Debi P., Min, Junhong, and Dalman, M. Deniz (2011), "Empirical Assessment of Stimulus Presentation Mode Bias in Conjoint Analysis," Innovative Marketing, Journal, 7(4), 108-121.
- Dalman, M. Deniz and Junhong Min (2015), “Consumer Information Integration at Pre-Purchase: A Discrete Choice Experiment,” Handbook of Research on Organizational Transformations Through Big Data Analytics, Hershey, PA: IGI Global, 287-299.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Best Paper in Marketing Research Track, Association for Collegiate Marketing Educators, 2011.
- Best Paper in Marketing Research Track, Association for Collegiate Marketing Educators, 2010.
- Graduate Student Award for Excellence in Teaching at SUNY Binghamton, 2006-2007
- Graduate Fellowship, School of Management, SUNY Binghamton, 2004-2008
OTHER PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- 2012-2014 Marketing and Branding Consultant at Dogruluk International Transportation Co., Istanbul, Turkey
- 2008-2012 Assistant Professor of Marketing, Ithaca College, Ithaca, NY
- 2004-2008 Graduate Assistant and Instructor, SUNY Binghamton, Vestal, NY
MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Member of American Marketing Association
- Member of Association for Consumer Research
- Member of European Marketing Academy