EMLYON Business School (formerly École de management de Lyon) was founded in Lyon (France) in 1872 by the local business community, and is affiliated to the Lyon Chamber of Commerce and Industry. The school is one of the best business schools in France. In 2009, the school was ranked second in France, and in the top 10 in Europe, by both the Financial Times and The Economist. Also in 2007, Financial Times ranked EMLYON 6th in Europe for its Master of Science in Management program. The school is a member of University of Lyon.
- 93 permanent professors, among them 26 are non French, 36 visiting professors, 30 part-time lecturers, 20 assistants or PhD students;
- More than 500 visiting experts structure the learning process of participants in first-degree programs and executive education;
- Students: 2700.
The school's 3 main orientations
- Internationalization: a European identity for a global mission
- Entrepreneurship: for the development of entrepreneurship and business creation
- Technology: use of new technologies to advance learning in all programs.
- European Master in Management (or triple Masters programs (MSc) in Management) in cooperation with Aston Business School and Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich;
- Masters program (MSc) in Management, for students from the french "classes préparatoires" or international students with a bachelor degree;
- Specialized Masters programs, in 13 different fields;
- International MBA;
- Executive programs;
- Entrepreneurship programs;
- PhD programs.
The 3 most important accreditations, AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA provide an evaluation of the relevance of what each establishment and set of programs have to offer as well as their development plans.
EMLYON Business School was one of the first in Europe to become voluntarily involved in this process:
- In 1998, EMLYON obtained unconditional EQUIS European accreditation, which was renewed in 2003;
- In 2008. In 2005, EMLYON also received AACSB American accreditation;
- Finally, its International MBA and its Executive MBA were recognized by the AMBA (United Kingdom) in 2000, followed by the MSc in Management program.
This triple accreditation, from which EMLYON Business School has benefited for several years, and on which only a small number of international establishments can pride themselves, proves of the long term educational efforts, resources and client orientation that EMLYON can guarantee.