Green Campus was established in December 2011 by the first-year Master students of GSOM SPbU. In May 2012 Green Campus got support of PricewaterhouseCoopers Center for CSR at GSOM SPbU, as a result the agreement for the implementation of mutual projects was achieved.
The name of our initiative implies following definitions:
Campus — is the system of facilities and processes related to GSOM SPbU
Green — is an "appropriate principle of Sustainable development"
Our main goal is to ensure that GSOM SPbU operates in accordance with Sustainable development best practice and principles.
Sustainable development is such a development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs (G.H.Brundtland). That implies a pattern of economic growth in which resource use, investment flow, research and technology development process, individual development and institutional changes are coordinated and aim to meet human needs while preserving the environment so that these needs can be met not only in the present, but also for generations to come.
To create awareness and commitment to the principles of sustainable development and social responsibility among various audiences (students, staff members and their circles of contacts) through the example of implementation and demonstration of these practices within University.
To introduce the principles of sustainable development and social responsibility with the focus on environmental aspects into the functioning of St. Petersburg State University, including both administrative buildings and students’ campuses starting with the Graduate School of Management SPbU.
The project aims at:
- Increasing interest in sustainable development and social responsibility amongst the students of University
- Implementation and further development of students’ initiatives in the sphere of sustainable development and social responsibility
- Enhancing reputation of the University within the country and abroad
- Contribution to sustainig the innovative and socially responsible image of University
- Ensuring budget savings
- Decreasing ecological footprint
- Developing international cooperation in the field of sustainable development and social responsibility
- Increasing internationalization
Opportunities for partnership:
- Education in the field of sustainable development
- Assistance in organization of solid waste separation with the recycling purposes
- Eco-bags production
- Mugs production
- Implementation of eco-friendly water/electricity saving equipment
- Your own offer
What we offer:
- Information about the partnership:
- In the Green Campus section of GSOM SPbU web-site
- At the educational events (lections, movies)
- In our educational materials
- Reputation of the company/organisation as responsible, involved in the society development
- Making CSR policy deeper than simple philanthropy concentrating on more profound and effective approach to innovation investments
- Facilities for educational events in the field of sustainable development and corporate social responsability with all the neccessary equipment
Contact us: email@example.com
Our page in social media: https://vk.com/gsom_green_campus