The dissertation defense of Anna S. Veselova on the topic “Methods of Structural Configurations’ Formation in Russian Multinationals” nominated for Candidate of Economic Sciences degree on the specialty 08.00.05 – Economics and Management of National Economy (Management) will be held at GSOM SPbU on the session of Dissertation Council D 212.232.69 on June, 21st, 2016.
Dissertation research was conducted under scientific supervision of Anatoly K. Kazantcev, Doctor of Economic Sciences, Professor of Operations Management Department. The opponents on the dissertation are Grigory V. Dvas, Doctor of Economic Sciences, Professor, Honored Economist of the Russian Federation, Chief Scientific Secretary of St. Petersburg Scientific Center of Russian Academy of Science, and Vladimir I. Malyuk, Doctor of Economic Sciences, Professor, Professor of Economics and Management in Engineering Department. Leading organization on the dissertation is Saint-Petersburg Branch of National Research University “Higher School of Economics”.
The goal of the study is to provide theoretical justification and develop methods of structural configurations’ formation in Russian multinationals basing on contingency factors exploration. To achieve the goal several tasks were implemented:
- To identify the specificity of Russian multinationals as an object of strategic management and develop methodology of empirical research of their structural configurations;
- To systemize premises of “structural configuration” notion’s origin within the evolution of research on MNCs’ structural characteristics, to specify the definition of “MNC’s structural configuration”, to define the role of structural configurations in MNC’s management system;
- To determine elements of an MNC’s structural configuration, to identify and systemize contingency factors affecting MNCs’ structural configurations formation;
- To identify and analyze relationships between elements of structural configurations, contingency factors and Russian MNCs’ performance with the use of the developed methodological approach to empirical research;
- To construct models of rational structural configurations on the basis of empirical research results and provide their meaningful interpretation;
- To develop practical recommendations on structural configurations’ formation in Russian MNCs considering contingency factors dynamism.
The text of the dissertation and the abstract of the thesis (avtoreferat) is available in the Library of Saint-Petersburg State University: 199034, Saint-Petersburg, Universitetskaya emb., 7/9, and on the website of SPbU by the link