The dissertation defense of Dinara V. Yaburova on the topic “Intellectual Capital Management in Increasing Company Competitiveness” nominated for Candidate of Economic Sciences degree on the specialty 08.00.05 – Economics and Management of National Economy (Management) will be held at GSOM SPbU on the session of Dissertation Council D 212.232.69 on June, 6th, 2017.
Dissertation research was conducted under scientific supervision of Igor A. Arenkov, Doctor of Economic Sciences, Professor of Enterprise Economics and Entrepreneurship Department, St. Petersburg State University. The opponents on the dissertation are Olga V. Zaborovskaya, Doctor of Economic Sciences, professor, Head of Social and Economic Processes Management Department, State Institute of Economics, Finance, Law, and Technology and Elena A. Shakina, Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor of Management Department, National Research University Higher School of Economics. Leading organization on the dissertation is Perm National Research University.
The main goal of the research is to develop theoretical basis and methodological recommendations for intellectual capital management basing on the research of relationships between intellectual capital and competitiveness of the company. The realization of the goal requires fulfillment of the following objectives:
- to analyze and classify main approaches to the definition of intellectual capital and identify problems of its development in activities of modern companies;
- to determine the importance of intellectual capital in activities of modern companies, including its role in formation of competitive advantages;
- to determine levels, approaches and principles of intellectual capital management, to develop an algorithm for intellectual capital management;
- to study and develop an original methodology for intellectual capital research and its impact on company’s competitiveness;
- to identify relationships between intellectual capital management and the level of company’s competitiveness, to identify industry differences that determine the importance of intellectual capital;
- to formulate scientific and methodological recommendations on the development of intellectual capital elements.
The text of the dissertation and the abstract of the thesis (avtoreferat) is available in the Library of Saint-Petersburg State University: 199034, Saint-Petersburg, Universitetskaya emb., 7/9, and on the website of SPbU by the link.