Zotero – content manager software designed specifically for research. Its motto is “See it. Save it. Sort it. Search it. Cite it”.
Features and capabilities:
- collecting and citing your sources,
- saving sources (web pages, pdf, video, audio, etc.),
- links to web pages and video,
- use of tags,
- creating and formatting bibliography/ reference lists using a particular citation style,
- creating reports from selected item(s),
- creating a timeline of the collection,
- importing references from Google Scholar, Google Books, Amazon.com, Elsevier ScienceDirect, Springerlink, etc.,
- organizing and storing data in personal libraries and collections,
- integration with MS Word and OpenOffice.org,
- syncing data to the server, transferring from one computer to another, making your library portable.
Zotero has two versions:
- Zotero for Mozilla Firefox 2;
- Zotero Standalone, a regular application which can be used with any browser and appears after installation in Programs menu on the computer.
In GSOM library, Zotero is installed on two Reading Room computers in the Book Circulation Area, equipped with links to work with the bibliography.
Register / Download Zotero