The team of the Graduate School of Management of St. Petersburg University (GSOM SPbU) has created an integrated roadmap for the implementation of the Business School's Strategy in 2021.
A joint strategic session with the participation of representatives of GSOM SPbU, the University and VTB Bank took place on March 3. Its main goal was to detail specific ways for implementing the Strategy in each.
“Last year we all did a good job — we formulated the mission and vision of GSOM SPbU, identified growth points, and in December 2020 the Advisory Board approved the main Areas of focus for the Business School's development Strategy until 2025. Today our task is to determine the tempo and ways of achieving the set goals, to form a single timeline for implementation of our Strategy and to develop a clear scheme for the interaction of all team members. The Business School has the Strategy, ambitions and the right team to implement all our plans,” said Olga Dergunova, Deputy President and Chairman of the Management Board of VTB Bank, Director of the Graduate School of Management of St. Petersburg University in the opening speech.
The GSOM SPbU development Strategy until 2025 is based on the following key areas and supporting initiatives:
● Updating the applicant selection system and strengthening the practice-orientation of our Bachelor programs.
● forming a portfolio of specialized and digital Master programs.
● Executive education programs should be flexible digital programs with a focus on line managers.
● The development of international research centers and the creation of a world-class research environment.
● А new personnel management system at GSOM SPbU, taking into account the practices of the best universities and the possibilities of digital technologies.
● The creation of a modern digital educational environment and the development of a high-tech campus.
● Creation of a unified system of career support for students and alumni at all stages of managerial career development.
● The operating model is a partnership between business and St. Petersburg University in the development of a university-based Business school. The success of GSOM SPbU will strengthen the brand and international recognition of the University.
● Promotion of the GSOM SPbU brand to all target audiences in various media.
The participants in the strategy session discussed an impressive range of events for 2021. The main result of the strategy session was a consolidated roadmap of work related to the strategic cycle and clearly defining how the teams will interact:
● in clarifying meanings and finalize strategic documents;
● implementation of strategic initiatives;
● current issues.
Based on the results of the strategic session, the new Project Office for the GSOM SPbU Strategy for 2021 will be formed in the near future.
The Advisory Board at GSOM SPbU approved the main areas of focus for the Business School Development Strategy in December 2020. By 2025, according to the document, GSOM should be ranked among the top 30 European business schools in the Financial Times ranking, become a first choice business school for leading employers and increase the number of student to 30 thousand annually .
In 2021 the Strategy and key performance indicators will be coordinated at a meeting of GSOM Advisory Board members; the model for interaction between GSOM, St. Petersburg State University and trustees will be approved; a personnel policy allowing the development and renewal of our team and by 2025 will be formulated; our digital educational environment will be further developed, and stronger promotion of our Executive education programs will be put in place.