On 14th of May the series of seminars "School of Social Entrepreneurship" for students, organized by the PwC Center for Corporate Social Responsibility at GSOM SPbU, was completed. The program was implemented in an online format with the support of J.T.I. Russia and in partnership with IBM.
The program was attended by 40 students and teachers of eleven universities from four regions of the Russian Federation. A special feature of the program this year was the opportunity to introduce students to the potential of digital technologies for solving social problems. The participants of the School were able to apply the acquired knowledge in practice, developing recommendations on the use of digital solutions for social entrepreneurs in St. Petersburg. Seminars were conducted by GSOM SPbSU faculty — Yury Blagov, Yulia Arai, Anastasya Petrova-Savchenko, Sergey Starov, as well as representatives of IBM.
At the end of the program, which included 10 online seminars with a total duration of 36 hours, students presented six group projects:
- expanding the client base of the social enterprise “Rabota-I”, which is engaged in the employment of orphanages;
- improvement of the communication strategy of "The World by Touch" company, which supports the employment of blind people and develops tolerance towards them by organizing excursions in complete darkness;
- development of the “Legko-Legko” charity store website;
- promotion of the product of the furniture factory "Astra", which employs people with disabilities and actively attracts pensioners;
- creation of strategic development alternatives for the travel company "Liberty", specializing in services to wheelchair users;
- improvement of the system of remote communication with the clients of the company "Care and Guardianship" living in a specialized nursing home for the elderly.
The series of seminars “School of Social Entrepreneurship”, held since 2018, contributes to the creation of an ecosystem of stakeholders in the interests of sustainable development - students, social entrepreneurs and partner companies, which meets the mission of GSOM SPbU: “Create knowledge. Develop leaders. Change the world for the better".