6th International GSOM Emerging Markets Conference 2019
|About the Conference|
Continuing changes in global business landscape shape new settings for companies, managers and researchers provoking them to search for new managerial and leadership approaches. Over the last few decades international markets have become more volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous immersing all actors in VUCA reality. Among constant rethinking of strategies, managerial practices and environments to address existing challenges, researchers and practitioners look at variety and diversity of new trends emerged due to globalization and technological breakthroughs. The digital economy attracts attention due to its possibility to change existing production and services, and its potential to develop new competitive advantages related to innovations, speed of decision making and flexibility that can be crucial especially for firms from emerging markets.
The rise and the acceleration of digital world redesign all organizations whereas internet solutions, big data analytics, artificial intelligence, robots applications in recruitment and customer’s services, etc. can’t be neglected anymore. All those become new business drivers and define the speed and move of global competition. Although digitalization theme becomes demanded, there is still a room for discussion how management should consider its value to organizational contexts, internationalization perspectives, sustainability issues and pervasive leadership.
Since 2014 GSOM Emerging Markets Conference has become the unique platform for discussing and sharing research ideas and experience in wide range of topics relevant for emerging market contexts and joined together more than 1600 leading scholars and practitioners from Russia, CEE countries and all over the world. The conference encourages and promotes research done for and on perspective of emerging markets and creates dialog between academics and practitioners about recent trends in management, economics and business. The 6th International Emerging Market Conference in 2019 will explore new challenges faced by global and local companies in the age of digitalization and discuss how digital transformation will change countries, markets, firms, leaders, and people.
Scholars, practitioners and doctoral students are welcome to join GSOM EMC community at the 6th conference on October 3-5, 2019!
|Call for Papers
Mieke De Ketelaere
Mieke De Ketelaere is Director AI at IMEC. She holds a master degree in civil and industrial engineering and specialised on robotics and artificial during her studies. Over the last 25 years, she has worked for several multinationals on all aspects of data and analytics (IBM, Microsoft, SAP, SAS, etc). In the last years, she started to focus more on digital transformation projects. With her deep understanding of the new digital data streams (online, social, mobile, sensor, chatbots, etc) and her understanding of big data platforms, Mieke De Ketelaere is requested by different business schools as a guest speaker on the topic in the last 5 years. Recently, she created a series of knowledge exchanges on Artificial Intelligence, in order to demystify the hype around it and to split fake from real value. Her personal research focus is on the ethical issues linked to the world of AI. In 2018, Mieke was nominated “ICT Woman of the Year” and she was appointed member of the external AI Expert team of the Federal Government of Belgium.
Professor Dr. Victor Taratukhin is Next-Gen Global Network and Regional Director for Silicon Valley and US West, SAP-Stanford Industry Liaison. His partners are Stanford Humanities, Stanford MediaX, Stanford Leadership Garage, T-Systems, DW, Munich Re, NASA, UNOOSA, Severstal, S7. He is SAP Industry Lead of Stanford ME310 course (Design Innovations) and Stanford CS210 (Software Project Experience with Corporate Partners). Dr. Taratukhin is Judging Committee Member of NASA Space Apps Challenge Silicon Valley and University of California,Berkeley, ME110 (Introduction to Product Development). He is a Faculty Member and Managing Director, Competence Center ERP at European Research Center for Information Systems (ERCIS), University of Muenster, Germany, Visiting Professor at Stanford Center for Design Research (CDR), Visiting Fellow of the Cluster of Excellence “Asia and Europe in a Global Context: The Dynamics of Transculturality”, Heidelberg University, Germany and Visiting Professor at the International Space University, France. He is the author of more than 60 c books, book chapters, papers and research articles.
Professor, Doctor of Technical Sciences, Head of the Department of Information Technologies in Management, St. Petersburg State University. Tatyana Gavrilova has 34 years of research and pedagogical experience (12 of them at the Graduate School of Management St. Petersburg State University, 16 at the Polytechnic University and 7 years at the Leningrad Institute of Advanced Training of Management Methods and Technology). From 2007 to the present, Tatiana Gavrilova is Head of the Department of Information Technologies in Management of the Graduate School of Management, St. Petersburg State University. Tatyana Gavrilova is a well-known specialist in the field of developing intelligent systems; she heads the St. Petersburg branch of the Association of Artificial Intelligence. She made a series of fundamental developments in the field of knowledge engineering, she won over 10 scientific Russian and international grants as a supervisor of studies. Tatiana Gavrilova is a member of the program committee of the IFKAD conference.
Chair of the Program Committee
Professor, Associate Dean for Graduate Programs, College of Business, University of Louisville, USA
|1||Paper submission deadline:||May 31, 2019|
|2||Notification of authors:||by July 15, 2019|
|3||Early Bird Registration:||July 15 — August 15, 2019|
|4||Registration deadline:||September 20, 2019|
|5||Doctoral Colloquium:||October 1-2, 2019|
|6||Conference dates:||October 3-5, 2019|
Payment before 15.08.2019
Payment after 15.08.2019
20 000 RUB / 250 €
28 000 RUB / 350 €
For doctoral students and students
12 000 RUB / 150 €
16 000 RUB / 200 €
* - both standard fee and fee for doctoral students and students include participation in all the events within the Conference program including welcome reception and gala dinner
Registration fee payment will be available after July 15, 2019
For Russian participants fees are available here.
GSOM EMC 2019 offers a limited number of travel grants on competitive basis to the conference participants who authored/co-authored a paper, accepted for the presentation.
1. Before June 15, 2019, submit a paper to GSOM Emerging Markets Conference in the format of an extended abstract in accordance with the guidelines.
2. Before June 15, 2019, submit the manuscript for publication in Vestnik of Saint Petersburg University. Management journal in accordance with the requirements of the journal guidelines for authors with a note that the article is submitted as a part of GSOM EMC-2019 travel grant application.
3. In case of the paper acceptance for the review and approval of the travel grant, a written confirmation to GSOM EMC Organizing Committee is required as a consent for the full cycle of work on the article until its publication in one of the issues of Vestnik of Saint Petersburg University. Management journal (send to email@example.com)
Travel grant will cover:
- airline/train costs (roundtrip ticket, economy return fare)
- accommodation costs (three nights, for the period of October 2-5, 2019)
The decision on travel grant will be made by the conference Program Committee by July 15, 2019;
Travel grant could be provided only for the conference participants, whose papers are accepted for the presentation at the conference and manuscripts are accepted by the editor of the journalVestnik of Saint Petersburg University. Managementfor the review.
Funding will be provided in the form of non-refundable airfare vouchers and hotel vouchers for the delegate only (NB: no co-author, accompanying spouse, partner, or significant other is eligible to receive funding).
|Call for Papers
- Business in Society: a Change of Paradigm
- Digital Economy: Digital Business Models, Digital Ecosystems and Digital Innovations
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation in Emerging Markets
- Healthcare innovation development in countries with emerging economy
- Information and Knowledge Management in Business Administration
- International Strategy of Emerging Market Firms
- Language and Communication in Times of Digital Transformation: Business Education Perspective
- Marketing in the Emerging Markets: Challenges and Opportunities in the Digital Age
- Public procurement and public-private partnership in developed and developing countries
- Strategic Finance and Corporate Governance
- Supply Chain Management and Operations in Digital Age
- The digital contribution into effectiveness and efficiency of the public sector
- The New Role of Talent and Human Resource Management in International Business
As part of the conference:
- Knowledge Café (October 3, 2019)
- Executive Education Evolution and Business Transformation (October 4, 2019)
- The round table “Current issues of case-method development in business education and research” (October 4, 2019)
|Venue and Contacts
GSOM EMC 2018 will be held at Graduate School of Management SPbU, Campus “Mikhailovskaya Dacha”.
“Mikhailovskaya Dacha” is a unique historical place combining classic architecture and innovations, natural landscape and advanced technologies. Initially “Mikhailovskaya Dacha” was a summer residence of the family of Grand Duke Mikhail Romanov (1850-1917). The architectural and natural landscape was developing under guidance of the leading architects of the 19 century.
|Autor's Instagram page link
Close to the campus there are famous historical places and sights. These are the splendid fountains of Petrodvorets, the Konstantinovsky Palace in Strelna and the architecture of Peterhof. The Peterhof Palace is a series of palaces and gardens located in Peterhof, Saint Petersburg, Russia, laid out on the orders of Peter the Great. These palaces and gardens are sometimes referred as the "Russian Versailles". Conference guests can admire the beautiful views of these cities which are very impressive in the autumn season and also visit many museums and parks.
|Autor's Instagram page link||Autor's Instagram page link||Autor's Instagram page link|
GSOM EMC 2018 Organizing Committee:
Tel: +7 (812) 323-84-53, +7 (812) 323-84-64
Eleonora V. Shmeleva
Anastasiia Y. Pleshkova
Olesya V. Bandalyuk