From August 29 to August 30 GSOM SPbU hosted international module Doing Business in Russia for students and graduates of Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business (CKGSB). GSOM SPbU visited 17 students who are now heads of the leading Chinese companies.
platform for learning about business and culture in Russia
- Understanding Russia
- Intersections of Russian and Chinese Cultures
- Unique Path of Russia: from Tsar time to USSR and further
- Role of Art in Russian Society
29- 30 August 2019 GSOM SPbU hosted international module “Doing Business in Russia” for students of SAIF " Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business (CKGSB). 17 students – CEOs, chairmen and senior executives of the leading Chinese companies visited GSOM SPbU.
The program included lectures by leading professors of SPbU aimed at acquainting listeners with the cultural and of business aspects of Russia including intersections of Russian and Chinese Cultures and role of Art in Russian Society. The module included 4 lectures:
- Understanding Russia with Q&A Session by Asc. Prof. Konstantin V. Krotov, Head of School, GSOM SPbU;
- Intersections of Russian and Chinese Cultures by Nikolay A. Samoylov, Professor SPbU, The Head of the Department of Theory of Social Development of Asian and African Countries, Director of the Center for Chinese Studies;
- Unique Path of Russia: from Tsar time to USSR and further by Gennadiy M. Elfimov, Professor, Honored Worker of the Higher School of the Russian Federation;
- Role of Art in Russian Society by Olesya V. Turkina, Associate Professor of SPbU, Senior Researcher of Russian Museum
The participants had a unique opportunity to listen to leading SPbU faculty, as well as to visit backyards of Mikhaylovsky Theater, and to see the theatre live inside. After the module all the participants were handed the certificates of participation in the module.