Registration and Paper Submission
||About the Conference
GSOM Emerging Markets Conference has been organized by Graduate School of Management of St. Petersburg University, a recognized leader in Russian business education, accredited by EQUIS and AMBA. GSOM EMC was first held in 2014 and has become a unique platform for discussing and sharing research ideas and experience in a wide range of topics and joined together more than 1600 leading scholars and business practitioners from Russia, CEE countries and all over the world. The conference encourages and promotes research done for and on perspective of emerging markets and creates dialog between academics and practitioners about recent trends in management, economics and business. This year conference will be held as a virtual space as a result of coronavirus outbreak.
During these difficult times we need to maintain and support our community, and registration fee for all the participants is waived.
The global business context has transformed markedly in recent years making companies, managers and scholars look for new ways to create and sustain competitive advantage in the conditions of turbulent and unpredictable environment. 2020 coronavirus lockdown brought about new challenges for business, governments and society. Thus, the search for the ways to transform uncertainty into a source of potential benefit is now on business and academic agenda and will be discussed at the 7th International Emerging Market Conference in 2020.
The current turbulence requires different managerial approaches that would support organizations in building their competitive advantages during and post-covid era, regardless of their areas of expertise and regions of operations. The questions that have been addressed before, but have to be reconsidered within the new settings are: How to compete? Where to compete? How to organize and manage? How to integrate and cooperate with state and society? Discussions during the conference aim to better understand the impact and implications of Covid-19 and the measures taken to deal with the crisis.
XXV Annual Dean Pashkus Readings (November 12, 2020)
This event is organized in honour of the first Dean of GSOM (at that time – School of Management) Yuri Pashkus (1939-1996) and is held annually at the School as a separate Research event consisting of one hour lecture on theoretical or applied management problems. In 2020 the lecture will be held by the leading specialist in the field of urban economics Leonid Limonov (lecture will be presented in Russian).
International Journal of Emerging Markets (IJoEM)T
International Journal of Emerging Markets (IJoEM) is the major academic contributor in the Emerging Markets Conference. Best papers submitted to the EMC this year will be candidates for the IJoEM Best Paper Certificate. Authors of the best papers will be given with an opportunity of the fast track review if decide to submit their manuscripts to the journal.
IJoEM publishes rigorous theoretical and empirical research on emerging markets from multidisciplinary (economics, finance, marketing, and management) and multinational geographic perspectives. Papers accepted for indexing in SCOPUS and Web of Science. Detailed information.
International Program Committee
- Richard Germain, Professor, College of Business, University of Louisville, USA
- Jan Brinckmann, Professor, ESADE Business School, Spain
- Tatiana Garanina, Associate Professor, School of Accounting and Finance, University of Vaasa, Finland
- Marco van Gelderen, Professor, School of business and economics, VU University Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Jean-Paul Larçon, Emeritus Professor, HEC School of Management, France
- Philippe Lecompte, President, GEM&L - Groupe d’Etudes Management et Langage, France
- Marin Marinov, Professor, Aalborg University, Denmark
- Svetla Marinova, Professor, Aalborg University, Denmark
- Ivo Matser, President, ABIS – Academy of Business in Society, USA
- Ray Subhasis, Professor, Xavier Institute of Management, Xavier University, India
- Tatjana Samsonowa, Founder and Managing Director, IPERF – International Institute for Research Performance Management, Germany
- George Tovstiga, Professor, EDHEC Business School, France
- Fons Trompenaars, Professor, Vrije Universiteit, the Netherlands
- Igor Filatotchev, Professor, King's College London, UK
- Graeme Hodge, Professor, Monash University, Australia
- Giovanni Schiuma, Professor, Università della Basilicata, Italy
GSOM Program Committee
- Yury Blagov, Associate Professor, Department of Strategic and International Management
- Alexander Bukhvalov, Professor, Department of Finance and Accounting
- Ioannis Christodoulou, Associate Professor, Department of Strategic and International Management
- Tatiana Gavrilova, Professor, Department of Information Technologies in Management
- Andrey Ivanov, Associate Professor, Department of Public Administration
- Yulia Ilina, Associate Professor, Department of Finance and Accounting
- Konstantin Krotov, Head of School
- Dmitry Kucherov, Associate Professor, Department of Organizational Behavior and Personnel Management
- Dmitry Kudriavtsev, Associate Professor, Department of Information Technologies in Management
- Marina Latukha, Professor, Department of Organizational Behavior and Personnel Management
- Svetlana Maslova, Associate Professor, Department of Public Administration
- Tatiana Martynova, Associate Professor, Department of Languages for Academic and Business Communication
- Elena Orlova, Associate Professor, Department of Languages for Academic and Business Communication
- Andrei Panibratov, Professor, Department of Strategic and International Management
- Marat Smirnov, Associate Professor, Department of Finance and Accounting
- Maria Smirnova, Associate Professor, Department of Marketing
- Elena Zavyalova, Professor, Department of Organizational Behavior and Personnel Management
- Nikolay Zenkevich, Associate Professor, Department of Operations Management
- Sergey Yablonsky, Associate Professor, Department of Information Technologies in Management.
||Papers submission deadline:
||October 10, 2020
||Papers reviewing process:
||September 25 – October 15, 2020
||Notification of authors:
||October 15-16, 2020
||October 30, 2020
||November 9-10, 2020
||November 11-21, 2020
||Conference Tracks & Events
||Venue and Contacts
Due to the unfolding coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and travel restrictions EMC 2020 was moved online. We have chosen ZOOM as the core platform for the conference. Before connecting please check the set of instructions for participants.
If you encounter any technical problems or lack ids/links to join the track, please, contact us by email email@example.com
GSOM EMC 2020 Organizing Committee:
Tel: +7 (812) 323-84-53
Julia A. Semenova
Yulia N. Muleva
Alena A. Mityaeva
Tamara M. Kuropatkina