How to apply
Applicants can apply in three ways:
- Submit documents via SPbSU web-site.
- Come in person to Admission commission for foreign students in St.Petersburg (Universitetskaya Emb., 13B, St Petersburg 199034, Russia).
- Send documents by post to SPbU Admissions Committee: 7/9 Universitetskaya Embankment, St. Petersburg 199034, Russian Federation.
Applications will be accepted from February 3 till June 16, 2020.
List of documents:
1) an application for admission to main educational aspirantura programmes for training research and teaching staff addressed to SPbU Rector. The applicant must specify the basis (either government- funded or contractual) and the aspirantura programme title (38.06.01 “Economics and management”);
2) a document identifying the applicant's identity and citizenship;
3) an original or a copy of a standard diploma of higher education (either a specialist diploma or a master diploma) and supplements thereto.
4) a commitment to submit an original or a copy of a standard diploma of higher education (either a specialist diploma or a master diploma) and supplements thereto on or prior to the deadline for documents submission (in case the applicant has not submitted the said document with his/her application for admission).
Persons with education received abroad shall submit an original (or a true copy) of a duly legalised (if required) foreign educational credential and supplements thereto (if the latter is provided for by the laws of the country issuing the said educational credential) recognised in the Russian Federation and giving its holder the same academic and/or professional rights that holders of standard documents of higher education specified in Clause 1.2 hereof have. If necessary, they shall also submit a certificate of recognition of a foreign document on the level of education and/or qualification in the Russian Federation as well as a certified Russian translation of such educational credential and supplements thereto (if the latter is provided for by the laws of the country having issued the said educational credential);
5) 2 (two) photographs 3х4 cm;
6) documents confirming the applicant's individual achievements, which results shall be taken into consideration during the admission procedure by assigning extra points to the total number of competition points. The list and procedure for the consideration of individual achievements are set forth in Appendix3 hereto.
If the admissions test is held in the form of a competitive selection of documents (portfolios) and points are assigned to the applicant pursuant to his/her submission of certain documents with the framework of the portfolio, points for individual achievements based on the same documents (take into account with the framework of the portfolio) shall not be assigned;
7) motivation letter;
8) applicant’s description of the prospective research;
9) a CV containing information on academic (professional) training, research and achievements, professional experience, etc.;
10) applicant’s thesis abstract;
11) confirmation of foreign language competences (if any);
12) winner or awardee diploma of student Olympiads (if any);
13) scientific publications in periodicals in the chosen field of study, etc. (if any).
Evaluation criteria for documents of international applicants to aspirantura programmes are published here >>
Full text of admission rules for applicants is published here >>
study carefully list of GSOM scientific advisors and their field of expertise. You may also contact them and discuss your perspective Doctoral research.